F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys we all know T5 is the new beast in the East but this is the best tune ever and here is why......

Let's say all the tuners out there are in the NFL (stay with me here). Well what Shawn has done is put every Hall of Famer at their respective positions on the same team. There is NOTHING that it doesn't do well. Brought together---T5 does things that you never thought a tune could do. Shawn has created a new league and is all alone.

For anyone new to SSi tunes knows that there have been several revisions along the way and I'll be damned if everyone of them was better than anything anyone else could put out. With T4 Shawn was the most dominant tuner on the market. With T5 he's the greatest of all time with the F150 EcoBoost engine....IT IS JUST THAT GOOD.

I'm all about analogies so bear with me. I've had level 5, T2, T3, T4 and now a taste of T5 and I'm STOKED to tell anyone....if you don't like this tune, you wouldn't even be happy if the woman (or women) of you dreams gave you blowjob for the rest of your life.

What T5 does??? EVERYTHING, I think it could make me coffee if I asked.

The initial throttle input---- Tame in all good ways. I normally run a pretty stout performance tune but the street is a true treat. The thing is controllable at all times but still puts you into the seat as your get into the pedal.

The Power----that's what we all want to know, right??? Rediculous...thing is like a Silverback Gorilla, it will break your neck if you mess with it. From a roll of 25mph it will light the freaking tires up like they are on ice. Warning: Leave on traction control as it takes all of Ford's safety nets to keep you from walking it sideways several feet on the roadway. But remember, this thing is just as tame as you want it to be...Just don't tell your friend's to "watch this" until you are ready. EVERYONE knows Shawn's tunes put up the biggest power numbers....well, we should be seeing some even bigger numbers with T5.

<--------THE SHIFTS------> WHERE to even start..... Think of belt driven CVT transmissons...It is damned near seamless. The gears move up and down in the power band and if I wasn't watching them change on my gauge cluster I would have NEVER known the shifts were happening. This is no joke, you really have to pay attention to know that there was a gear change.

If you waited for T5, you are a genius. If you didn't don't let this thing pass you by (literally). Overall===== It's like a Pedigree Pit Bull....it has manners and could do all kinds of tricks, but if you want it to kill you neighbor's Hemi Ram...just let it off the leash and watch the carnage.

I don't get excited by much....but I am stoked to have this tune loaded. Guys we all need to thank Shawn....it's obvious that he has poured hours upon hours into this tune. And thank you Boosted for running so many tunes through your truck to reach this point.

T5 is 13'TwinScew approved, lol....and if you don't have this, go let your wives kick you square in the balls!!!!!!

Reactions: brucesears

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys, I don't post over here much....but if you have even considered getting a tune, try T5. Shawn has perfected this thing to the point that I am considering hanging a copy of T5 Tune on my wall, lol.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Couldn't agree more twin. If anybody has been on the fence about getting a tune from ssi or anybody that's considering tuning for the first time by all means contact ssi and get the ball rolling. This t5 tune is the holy grail of tunes. Flawless shifts, amazing power, excellent drive ability, good mpg's, and that's not all. You have to just try it I can't put it in words and make you really understand. It flat out hauls ass!!! Like twin said tho its only as tame as you want it to be. It is very manageable and daily driveable but a beast at the same time. I am in now way benefitting from saying any of this. I do not work for ssi. I am just a farmer from Arkansas that has stumbled upon an amazing tune and I want everybody to experience it.

Reactions: 13'TwinScrew

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it...and tomorrow I'll get to play with T5 in the SNOW!!! I'm telling what Shawn has done for the F150 ecoboost is nothing short of phenomenal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, tuning is my next step and you guys really have my thinking T5. I was on the dyno last week as a starting point and was not that impressed. I was trying to post my result sheet but it's too light (I asked the wife to try to darken it).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah some of the 2013 stock dynos have been lower then 2011-2012's despite having larger turbos. It has a lot with the updated more restrictive CAC and obviously a weakened tune from Ford. There are some dynos of T4 floating around and they are AWESOME. I can't wait to see some from T5, this thing will walk out sideways on you in a hurry if you want it to.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm another with a new T5 performance tune and agree with everything Twin and spence said. I was one of the first to get Shawn's tunes back in June and even then they were good. Every new version better than the last and I thought the T4 would never be improved upon, but T5 is better in every respect. Even better shifting, like a CVT, smoother throttle tip in and more power than before, all with no increase in boost or knock retard. Even better upper rpm power. You don't want to turn TC off or you could just find yourself in the ditch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Let me know how you feel about daily driving on the T5 tune. The local tuner that ran my dyno is trying to sell me on a Lund custom tune. They have great results with the Explorer but no info on F150.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I personally thought T2 was the beast.

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know how you feel about daily driving on the T5 tune. The local tuner that ran my dyno is trying to sell me on a Lund custom tune. They have great results with the Explorer but no info on F150.
I'm running the T5 Street (I normally run a "Boosted" T4 like Performance tune, AKA--Pretty Stout)...I can already tell you, this tune will/is making a great DD. I actually just took it out in the snow and I am impressed with how manageable it is at around 20% throttle...get around 30% though and she'll swap side to side pretty easily.

I'm not too sure how good the "Lund" is (haven't ran one), but I can honestly say that both of my tuners are arguably the best in the world (Torrie and Shawn) but SSinc T5 is just amazing.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agreed....before t5 I switched between t4 performance and mpt's newest performance race tune for my every day driving and this t5 blows them out of the water. It just feels perfect there is no other word for it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reading this makes it an even harder decision. Im between mpt and SSi. Just havent decided. So to reach the 395-400hp #s what other mods is that with?

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK, so call me a newb but will this T5 run on the tuner from 5* the SCT tuner?
T5 is the revision # basically for the SSi tune. They keep improving the tunes and send out a new number. Ex: a year from now if they have a way to make the t5 better they will send out an update and call it t6.

That being said if you already have the sct tuner with 5* tunes if you wanna switch custom tuners you can call up SSi and they use the same sct software so you will just have to pay for bew tunes.

Hope that answers what you were asking.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Okay with the T5 tuning. I have searched everywhere to purchase can someone help me with where I go? Thanks
You have to go to southernspeedinc.com

They have the tunes in the ssi store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ALLULC

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reading this makes it an even harder decision. Im between mpt and SSi. Just havent decided. So to reach the 395-400hp #s what other mods is that with?
You could reach that with basically no mods except the tune. Mpt dyno'd a truck a few weeks ago with just a drop in air filter and maybe a catback exhaust I can't remember but it reached over 400hp and ssi did the same. I'm sure it is well over 400 with ssi's t5 I would think anyways. I personally don't think there is much to be gained with just a catback. I have several mpt and ssi tunes. I like them both but this t5 from ssi is truly the best hands down. I have mpt's newest performance tune and it is powerful and daily driveable but it won't hold a candle to t5. Trust me man go with ssi. You will not be disappointed. I've read tons of threads about how ssi has horrible customer service and all this other ****. They have been nothing short of excellent in my opinion and the tunes are phenomenal. T5 is the real deal.

Reactions: ALLULC
1 - 20 of 179 Posts