F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned Fords since I was in the 8th grade and not once have I ever said to myself "dang, Ford did a good job with that oil filter placement right there". With that being said, my 2014 is the 3rd relocation Ive done to make my life a little easier/ cleaner. I need to shorten the hoses a little bit and get another straight AN hose end but its all I had at the time of the project and I think it turned out pretty well. I did notice a little bit of an audible vibration at low rpm since the remote mount was mounted to a body member but Ive since added some rubber vibration isolators and the results are pleasing. The bypass and filter base came from Hamburgers Performance, the hose/ends from Earls AN parts, an adapter to continue using the factory filter from Ebay, and the green plate from a John Deere 105 combine. Attached are the results. IMG_20190218_160516157_HDR.jpg IMG_20190219_132122539.jpg IMG_20190219_132138166.jpg IMG_20190218_160510991_HDR.jpg IMG_20190218_160429528.jpg IMG_20190218_160420005.jpg IMG_20190218_160357184_HDR.jpg IMG_20190218_144036275_HDR.jpg IMG_20190218_144031243_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
All that time and investment and it's not worth 3 minutes with a can of black spray paint to fix up that bracket?

Is there some sentimental value to the green metal?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
All that time and investment and it's not worth 3 minutes with a can of black spray paint to fix up that bracket?

someone didn't read the last sentence

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nothing sentimental at all, I just ran out of time when I was doing this. Ill paint it and shorten the hoses at the next oil change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think so. It took me a while to settle on this location to minimize fabricating/drilling for the mount. They really do pack stuff in there!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good job on the relocation. I did a dual filter relocation and mounter it to the lower intercooler support on my 2011 ECOBoost. After you shorten the hoses you might want to add some plastic hose protection where the braided hose touches other surfaces or even rubber mounted clamps. I use split corrugated plastic hose covering on mine. Recheck the adaptor plate on the cooler after a few miles. Mine loosed up a bit. I check it every other oil change now and it's staying tight.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I think so. It took me a while to settle on this location to minimize fabricating/drilling for the mount. They really do pack stuff in there!
In my opinion, the relocation is too high... the feed line from engine to filter will drain back when engine is off, and give you too big of air pocket causing for dry starts.
I put mine behind the intercooler, like @Beaker80... same height as original, and much shorter hoses. IMG_20160726_212144.jpg

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had mine similar to Noodles but the gasket that was on the plat that went to the engine sprung a leak (that blew all the oil out) and I removed it. I would like to install a new one, with better parts, but just haven't bit the bullet yet. Sure was nice to have it in front and when unscrewing it the oil didn't drip on anything.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is mine. Very short lines. Gentle bends. Plastic protection. See it's at the same level as the engine filter pad.

IMG_2894.JPG

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
someone didn't read the last sentence
Sure I did. Knowing it's from a tractor doesn't nullify my question. Had he said "it's from my grandpa's old John Deere tractor and I'm paying homage to him", that's a different story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Chris H
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing