F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trucks been shuddering a bit for the past few weeks so I finally got around to checking the plugs. Gaps were terrible. Left side were .47 .47 .47 right side were .45 .48 .50. Regapped to .30 went for a spin check engine light still on and truck still did a bit of a shudder on the third hard pull.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
If they are that bad spend the $50 and go get a new set of plugs. Thats crazy. Yours are the worst I have heard of yet.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
All my plugs were under gapped. Caused similar symptoms. Did you disconnect the negative battery cable when you pulled the plugs? If not try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and step on the brake do discharge any residual power in the system. This will reset the carputer and turn off your CEL.

SPPD

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I disconnected the battery while I did it. Just went to AutoZone to get my code read. P0300

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
P0300 is "random misfire"

SPPD

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
5364 xp right?

Sent From The Back of The Pack!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I just checked and four of them are 5363 and two are 5263. I'm digging back into it tomorrow so I'll just got back to pep boys and get the right ones. No one else had any ecoboost plugs in stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
20140413_162218.jpg 20140413_162153.jpg

Here is what I pulled out. Gapped the new ones put them in and it seems to be running smoother. Check engine light still on though. Nut sure what the factory plug is but I'm willing to bet these are them. Super burnt.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
How many miles did u have on stock plugs? They do look to have burnt a divot in the middle causing a larger gap. I'll say they were around 42 to begin with which is still to big for these trucks.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many miles did u have on stock plugs? They do look to have burnt a divot in the middle causing a larger gap. I'll say they were around 42 to begin with which is still to big for these trucks.

Truck currently has 76k miles in it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Truck currently has 76k miles in it.
Oh yea u due for some new plugs. I bet it helps you quite a bit!

They say they 100k plugs but I don't believe it one bit. These motors are hard on plugs.... miles may vary

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
They looked better than mine did and mine only had 47,000 KM (27,300 miles) on them and were dark orange and cracked. Have you put all the mileage on that truck or did you buy it used?

You sure they have never been changed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts