F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience any problems with the My Touch system? Today my screen froze up and took a few minutes to turn off after I exited my truck. I'm curious to see if its working when I go home after work today...

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't have MFT in my truck, however I do have it on my Focus ST (Turbo Focus!). I have the same problems from time to time. I've read somewhere that a major update will be coming out next month that should be a big improvement over the current version.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping a battery disconnect to reboot it will be all I need to do, if its not working later. Guess ill have to keep an eye out for Ford's update.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got lucky and it was working normally when I left work. We'll see how long it lasts!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Dealer said there is a TSB and ill need a firmware update and new SD card..,,
With only 900 miles on the truck ill take it in and let the do the update; beats leaving the truck running for an hour in the driveway with the USB uploading the new version.
You would think in this day and age, the USB transfer and upload would be much much quicker.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Have you had a chance to take it to the dealer yet? I was just curious what other features might be added with the update.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet! Ill keep you posted when I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally had time to go back to the Stealer and after leaving my truck all day, all they did was confirm I had the latest version of firmware and the latest SD card...! They did do a system reboot of the MyTouch system via battery disconnect and so far I haven't had any issues with the system freezing up.
I have isolated my issues to when I'm using the nav system and scrolling or trying to zoom in / out too quickly.
I don't travel far and don't use the nav much at all, but I will one day soon drive around town and try to stress out the nav screens to see if it will lick up again. Hopefully it will be when I'm near the Stealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only had my truck for three weeks and MFT has already locked up twice on me. This past Saturday I was using my ipod with the system and it appeared to be working fine and then it froze so bad that even turning off the truck and opening the door did not do anything. It stayed frozen for twenty minutes before it finally rebooted to a SYNC screen that showed a loading bar. Is this common? I have the MFT with Navigation and it is a 2013 FX2 SC.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I thought there was suppose to be a major software update coming out for the mytouch system last month?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't get MFT, it sounds like y'all are having some problems with it. Best of luck to you guys and I hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine locked up like that once, while moving the map in/out. When I parked the truck to get out, I turned ignition off and exited the truck the navigation screen stay on in the frozen position. I got back in and started the truck and it rebooted and has worked fine since. Electronic who knows....

·
Registered
13 Posts
ford is working on a update for the my touch system, initially it was supposed to be out the 1st quarter of this year but has been extended. they have already released a update feild service action 12a04 which updates the system and installs a new vavigation card if equipped, if you have nav it is easy to tell if the update has been done, simply eject the nav card. If it says a3 on the nav card it is the old style, if it says a4 it is the latest version. the 12a04 update was released to simplify phone pairing, simplify voice commands, prevent lock up, reduce "performing scheduled maint" message and so on and has resolved most of the issues. The new update should be out very soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
by the way, save yourself a trip to the daelership and just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, that should restore all functions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The SyncMyRide site says I'm due for an update on my 2013 FX2; I'm taking it in for the first 5000 me service tomorrow, so will also have them install the update and new SD card. I'm hopeful this will stop the too frequent reboots and the few lookups I've experienced...!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm frustrated that the Dealer says my version is updated, but the SyncMyRide web site says a newer version is available. I've downloaded Fords Sync version checker utility and hope to try it out over the next few days. Just in case, I already ordered a new SD card and also downloaded the latest updates to another USB drive.
Anyone out there gone through the Sync update using the USB drive at home process?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, I'm a nerd, so that was one of the first things I did!
It didn't take an hour... More like five minutes.

PRINT OUT THE INSTRUCTIONS from the SyncMyRide site, and RTFM!!!!!

It wasn't painful in the least.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did the update today, took about 45 minutes and was painless. Vacuumed the truck while waiting (BTW the "Lint Lizard" As-Seen-On-TV is a great tool to add onto the shop vac to help vacuum under the seats!). Put the A4 SD card in when prompted, re-paired my iPhone and all seems to be good now. The instructions sent to me with the new SD card were much better than the ones I printed off the SyncMyRide website. And I just finished updating my information with a "report a successful install". I hope this is all worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
TraciInTexas
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing