Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Ok so I got the sound pretty good by using a piece of wood as a stethoscope
It seems to be coming from the top of the engine
I understand that, my engine sounds the same at idle. The tick noise is normal.
So you listened to my last video where I was able to capture the sound? It's when the rpm's are coming down after revving engine.

I'm not referring to the ticking sound, I'm talking about the thumping/knocking sound. So your truck has a non rhythmic, non uniform thumping/knocking sound too that only happens when in park or neutral? Hmmm

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Ok so I got the sound pretty good by using a piece of wood as a stethoscope
It seems to be coming from the top of the engine

Ok well I took it to have a tech listen, he could kind hear it but really has no idea what it could be, he just said I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts doing it in gear or becomes louder.
So I did my part, took it in and until it get louder I'm gonna try not to worry about it and just shut the damn truck down as soon as I park so I don't hear it as much.

He even used the piece of wood I had to listen, actually was a cool dude.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Well it's now making the sound when I'm taking off from a stop, most noticeable right before it shifts into 2nd. Took it into the dealer again, they have no idea what it is and basically said wait till it gets very loud or something fails. Awesome

I can actually get it on video from inside the cab now. Sounds like something bouncing around somewhere inside the engine or transmission.
I'm driving this pig as hard as I always have, this sound may just drive me nuts until I trade truck in in a couple years or something is going to fail.....hopefully something will fail.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts