F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
9,798 Posts
Ok so I did the ol unplug each spark plug one by one and when I unplugged #3 cylinder the sound pretty much went away for the most part. When I unplugged #1 cylinder the sound got louder then it has been, I'm think due to shutting that one down and putting more strain on #3 cylinder.

So I switched out the plug on #3 cylinder with an old plug I had that was still in good condition and the noise is way less noticeable when driving and pretty much gone at idle. Weird

The plug I pulled out looked fine, no visible issues and still gapped around .030 - .029

Gonna see how it goes the next day or two then possibly change all plugs if sound doesn't get loud again.

Seems pretty strange so I'm not getting my hopes up
Fify. I think your dyslexia got in the way. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,798 Posts
I've had some elevated part throttle KR lately, which in itself seems normal. But I've also heard an audible ping a couple times in the past few days. I'm banking on cold weather, rain, and poor gas.

I understand a bit of your paranoia now though. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
The sound of silence?

Name that sound Eco_forum.png

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Lol I think I deleted that one off of youtube.
Here's one I took yesterday, there's a lot of clatter from the injectors but you can hear the deep thumping through it. Sounds like someone tapping the bottom of a plastic bucket

·
Vendor
7,163 Posts
Here's one I took yesterday, there's a lot of clatter from the injectors but you can hear the deep thumping through it. Sounds like someone tapping the bottom of a plastic bucket

Yikes

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

This is with the #1 cylinder coil unplugged. When I unplug just the #3 cylinder coil plug the sound pretty much went away all together

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I really doubt the dealership is going to do anything unless the engine goes.
Guess at least the truck still drives better than ever and she's not burning oil or coolant.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
In my new 2019 3.5 the Sound is still bugging the crap out of me but I've found a few more people with same sound and none of them know wtf it is either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
The quest.

So I gotta ask, since you haven't said much about noises for quite a while.....

Has something changed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The quest.

Has something changed?

Honestly I can't tell if it's gotten louder or not or I just decided to obsesse about it again.

It does seem more consistent, but who knows

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The quest.

Has something changed?

At this point, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I would almost rather have the timing chain or phasers rattle at least then I know what the hell the sound is and it can be taken care of.
And who knows this probably isn't even an issue as far as longevity but not knowing absolutely drives me bonkers, cuz that's just how I am

Although I hate even saying it but it would not surprise me in the least bit if I do eventually get that as well, really hope not but it would not Shock me at all if and when did it happen

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
You need to get on some Mary Jane. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Lol I quit that **** years ago. So maybe it would help, or since I haven't done it for so long it would probably make me ten times more paranoid

61 - 79 of 79 Posts