F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some advise from people who have a moment, please! Thanks in advance!
Looking to get 325/50R22 (Yokohama Parada Spec, overall d. 34.7" - or something similar, I'm up for suggestions), but was wondering what I will need to make them fit; I'm hoping to put them on my original rims (22's) after they're done getting painted. Looking for more cushion because I just had to find a replacement due to one of mine cracking (and thank God I found a used one, brand new is a ridiculous price).
I was thinking an add-a-leaf, leveling kit, shocks, struts, maybe a bit of trimming if necessary? Not really interested into spending a ton, but can manage a good amount (excluding tires as my boss will pay for whatever). I heard with a leveling kit, shims to adjust the drive shaft and such would be beneficial over the life of the truck? That true?
Couple notes to help better understand my needs... I tow the odd trailer with lumber or an ATV. Most that ever goes in the bed is a camping trip load or a few sheets of plywood and some tools. I do a ton of highway driving and when I do go off-road it isn't more than gravel/dirt/sand/grass trail through a forest for a few km. No mud really.

All your help is much appreciated!

'14 Screw LTD
- Corsa sport w/ resonator delete
- MBRP hot and cold
- 73mm BBK
- AFE stage 2
- Livewire TS

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
You will need a level kit up front. Rear will clear fine.

You will likely have to trim some plastic at the edges of front wheel wells. Depending on how heavy the side lugs are on those tires you may rub the upper control arm/coil over.

·
Modinstrator
3,019 Posts
For the most part when I think of 22" wheels I don't think of cushion. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will need a level kit up front. Rear will clear fine.

You will likely have to trim some plastic at the edges of front wheel wells. Depending on how heavy the side lugs are on those tires you may rub the upper control arm/coil over.
I don't think that width of tire is going under your truck without some kind of lift in the front.
I just ordered Bilstein 5100s and a pro comp aal. Going to put them on and than decide which tires I think. Don't want to buy something that won't fit.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think a 285/55R22 would be the best fit if you are only doing a level in the front. It's going to be basically the same amount of sidewall as the 325/50 you were looking at, and should fit nicely with zero to minimal rubbing. It is basically the same specs as my tires except I have a 20" wheel instead, and I have never experienced any rubbing whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some advise from people who have a moment, please! Thanks in advance!
Looking to get 325/50R22 (Yokohama Parada Spec, overall d. 34.7" - or something similar, I'm up for suggestions), but was wondering what I will need to make them fit; I'm hoping to put them on my original rims (22's) after they're done getting painted. Looking for more cushion because I just had to find a replacement due to one of mine cracking (and thank God I found a used one, brand new is a ridiculous price).
I was thinking an add-a-leaf, leveling kit, shocks, struts, maybe a bit of trimming if necessary? Not really interested into spending a ton, but can manage a good amount (excluding tires as my boss will pay for whatever). I heard with a leveling kit, shims to adjust the drive shaft and such would be beneficial over the life of the truck? That true?
Couple notes to help better understand my needs... I tow the odd trailer with lumber or an ATV. Most that ever goes in the bed is a camping trip load or a few sheets of plywood and some tools. I do a ton of highway driving and when I do go off-road it isn't more than gravel/dirt/sand/grass trail through a forest for a few km. No mud really.

All your help is much appreciated!

'14 Screw LTD
- Corsa sport w/ resonator delete
- MBRP hot and cold
- 73mm BBK
- AFE stage 2
- Livewire TS

2013 FX4, I'm running 35s with SLIGHT rubbing at lock in reverse and it only rubs on the fender liner, no suspension parts.

I'm not lifted, just leveled.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts