F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal,

I recently got work done on my truck. New 20" rims and tires, levelling kit, Borla Exhaust, stage 2 cold air intake, and Air Bags. They also gave me a super chip to go with it. Now when I use to haul my 38ft 10500 camper I would average about 20 to 21l per 100kms. Which is really good. But now it's like 38 to 40L per 100kms. I knew my gas mileage wasn't going to be the same but it's weird that it increased by that much even on the Heavy Tow Setting. I also tried putting my truck back to the stock setting but no difference. Please HELP me get my mileage down. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
20l/100km is crazy good for that weight. I'm around 26l/100km for approx 8500lbs.

Did you adjust the tire size in the tuner for the new tires? You can expect to add about 2-3l/100km with the typical 33-34" tires and level. Plus you end up travelling further than the computer calculates for with bigger tires so gives you a worse read out than you actually are of the tire size isn't adjusted. But 40l/100km is pretty insane. Any chance you had a brutal headwind that trip, that will really kill your mileage while towing.

Reactions: agentjohnson

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What voz said. Also the super chips tune likes to leave the torque converter unlocked a lot wuch is bad for gas. What is the tire size difference?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with same rim size witch is 20" but the tires are 35's. I tried going with the stock setting but it didn't make a difference. I'm usually anywhere between 36 to 41l per 100kms. I just don't get it. Also I'm only sitting at 15-1800 rpm on the straight but my mileage reader is in the 40l range. I just don't get it. Even the guy at the dealership thought it was crazy. I'm really let down and I'm starting to regret getting the work done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts