F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I have a 2015 F150 2.7 FX4 F150 and the truck is so quiet I can't hear if I'm coming or going...I don't really care to get more exhaust note as the motor doesn't really produce any to begin with but I need and want LOTS OF LOUD TURBO whistle.....It is bone stock at this point besides a leveling kit but I need some definitive add-on's that will help in the whistle field...Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Buy bigger turbos? But seriously. You're limited to what you have. & it's a small engine right. My new 15 5.0L has no noise. Only when you really tromp on it.

If they make

Get a set of down pipes
Delete your resonator
Pick out your favourite flow through muffler.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I keep hearing about the resonator...I found a site that wanted like almost $300 for the stupid pipe! isn't it just a 3' straight pipe in place of the pipe with a resonator?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, does an aftermarket cat back exhaust system already delete the resonator pipe? or is it totally separate from the actual resonator delete pipe

·
Registered
987 Posts
It varies from kit to kit. I had a local shop to delete the resonator with 3" pipe for like $60. You really won't get more whistle with just a res delete though. Downpipes are going to be the key to more whistle if they are available. I haven't heard too many modded 2.7's but the ones I have didn't really have too much whistle with just a catback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the insight...but yeah, that's the problem i'm having is no one really has the 2.7's that much and it's an entirely different motor so hard to get peoples insight with my setup but what your saying makes sense....it's gonna be the dp that makes the difference...Tryin not to void warranties though...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts