F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Being in 3rd gear shouldn't over rev the engine. If I WOT from a stop it shifts to 3rd and stays there until the speed limiter, around 107 mph.
Def find an engine. Pickups are stupid high right now.

Reactions: tidefan1967

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I thought that the engine would have been protected against over revving.

So the question is... why did the engine overheat on the fwy? It did not appear that I lost any coolant. Yet the engine overheated then seized. I don't get it.

But... does not matter at this point? I still gotta pay
It didn't over rev in 3rd gear at 70 mph.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I’m going to call both of them. Do they rebuild or only sell used?

appreciate the advice.
The investment I’m making means that I will keep the truck a little longer. If I wasn’t in the middle of a house remodel I’d be shopping for a V8 Powered replacement truck
Like a 7.3 F250 ?

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Uh…. No…
I don’t tow heavy. 1/2 ton is all I need. Don’t need a 7.3, don’t want a diesel.
Was thinking about going back to a Chevy. I drove a Silverado for years, sold it in good condition with 300k and bought the ecoboost. Wouldn’t even mind the Dodge Ram 1500.
Chevy 6.2 or Ram 5.7.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I have had great longevity in the past with the chevy 5.3. Its a solid engine. RAM 5.7 is good too. the 6.2 is overkill for the 5,000 lb trailer I tow.

But by the time I finish investing in my ecoboost, I'll most likely be driving it for the new future.
GM 5.3 ? Really ? One of if not the weakest stock V8 engine available. You can make it last a long time, sure, just don't ask it to do much real truck stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
My more powerful, twin turbo ecoboost has taken a literal dump on me. Its currently a completely useless 7000lb paperweight right now. A long lasting reliable engine is what I need when I pay 60K or more for a truck.

Did you miss the part where I said I do not tow heavy?

6 weekends out of the year, I tow a 4-5,000lb trailer a few hundred miles round trip. Another 6-8 times a year, I carry a 300lb dirtbike, or maybe a couple of 30lb mountain bikes.

Do you really think I need a 3/4 ton for this?
No. You need a Tacoma or Colorado or an SUV and utility trailer. Save gas. You can tow 4k with a 4 cyl.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 7 of 7 Posts