F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
I was quoted 3-5 months for OEM, Jasper wouldnt even quote me because they had no idea when they would have them.

A company called Fraser said they had them and could ship in a few weeks and the shop I am having do the work on mine told me 4-6 weeks from LKQ

So you might factor that in as well.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
You sound like you are in the same boat as me. If so….

which builder are you using?

Jasper has a lot of cool marketing stuff on their website talking about the improvements they make to the ecoboost engine. It seems as though they Know what they are doing. Obviously they make the parts. I hear they honor their warranty. I also hear that they need to at times. But they always make it good

I will check out the other companies/builders. I would have to save a lot to go with used and 90 day warranty as opposed to paying only a couple thousand more for a 3 yr warranty
LKQ is a 4 year unlimited mile warranty. Apparently they supply Ford with their engines.

Fraser was 3 year unlimited miles but you could pay $250 for a 5 year unlimited.

I am going with LKQ just because thats who the shop had a relationship with.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Between this thread started by @md2020 and the recent @mass-hole thread below, has anyone actually found a source for a replacement engine?

LKQ was 4-6 weeks and Fraser I believe said 2-3 weeks to ship.

I think they all manufacturer the engine when its ordered whichis why there is a lead time.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
So... now that I have committed at least $14K into this new engine, which is a remanufactured (not net) engine from Ford, I wanted to verify the pricing that I was told by the mechanic that is doing the work. He told me that the engine alone was $8500. That seems like a very high number. So I looked it up. Turns out that is a valid cost estimate.

I know that all the other companies advertise their reman engines for $5K instead of 8.5K, but this is what Ford is doing to us these days.

Look at the difference between the MSRP and the price that Ford is selling it for.

I thought about a new truck, but the Toyota Tundra is so damn ugly that I would be embarrassed to drive that thing. So I paid the markup...:mad: and the engine is on the way

View attachment 181073
Thats about what I was quote from the Ford dealer as well. $7500 before the $1000 core. Since my engine has a rod sticking through the side of it, I would only get a partial core at best so I would be looking at $8000-8500 just for the engine from the dealer.

I dont know why you havent tried LKQ? My engine was ordered August 1st and was supposed to be here in a couple weeks. They are made to order so it has a few week lead time. $6700 including the core and 4 year ulimited mile warranty.

The rep at LKQ claimed they were making Ford's reman'd engines.

• Helpful
Reactions: F150RTR
1 - 4 of 4 Posts