F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowed in Buffalo today, no shocker there. However, my 2014 Ecoboost crew sliding around on its new Pirelli scorpion tires surprised me a bit. The truck and tires have 4000 miles on them and I'm pretty sure it's not my driving, do they just suck? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go buy a new set of tires this week. Anybody have any experience with the pirellis and snow? Any suggestions on new skins? I was thinking about the new Goodyear Wrangler light truck tires with Kevlar.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
They are terrible in any conditions. I personally really like the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S for normal truck duty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
goodyear duratrac are good snow/ice all around tire. the MTR with kevlar are hard to balance. I run Nitto terra grapplers and they do great in the Utah/Montana snows.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have Destinations on mine and I'm not fond of them.
Great winter and all-season tires, Firestone Transforce A/T. I run them on my plow truck and cannot say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
903 Posts
goodyear duratrac are good snow/ice all around tire. the MTR with kevlar are hard to balance. I run Nitto terra grapplers and they do great in the Utah/Montana snows.
+1 for the terr grapplers.... always liked them in the Colorado snow....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Owned Nitto and now Toyo AT and they are great all round tires

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the Toyo AT2 on my last truck and loved them. I originally put Nitto terra grapplers and they were too loud once the tread wore past 50%, also had one blow out at 65 MPH with half tread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I personally like the Michelin LTX M/S and live by them on all the trucks I've owned. They're a little prices but well worth it. I driven in the Colorado snow with o problems and a very quiet/smooth ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to pull off the pirellis and replace them. Maybe try and sell them or just run em in the summer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was under my truck today putting in a couple led plate lamp bulbs and I took a look at my spare. It's a Goodyear wrangler a/t. Probably better than the pirellis it rides on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts