F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two sets of fittings that appear to possible be used for the inlets to the turbo inlet pipes. One set is barbed on both ends. The other set is threaded on one end. Which ones should I be using. The instructions say to drill a hole one size smaller than 3/8"; this would tell me to use the barbed fittings. But is the barb a tight enough seal?

TIA

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Let's see some install pics! !

*Sent By Happy Leading Edge Tuning Customer!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I believe the kits come with both now so you have options. Mine came with neither because of issues in the first run of the product so I used brass threaded. I would recommend threaded for a tighter seal

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up using the threaded and sealed the threads with gorilla glue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I did my install last week and we got a lot of people installing this week. Awesome news. I need to go empty mine and see what's in it. Good luck to all on your installs.

Sent from my F150 using boost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not trying to raise this from the dead... But on the driver's side, instead of drilling, can you just install a t-barb in-line from the clean oil separator and turbo pipe? Seems like it would do the same thing for vacuum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Think RX wants the hose fitting install closer to the turbo so the can will work best. Also the long hoses for best operation.

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
The drivers side cleanside barb can be used so no need to drill it if you attache the cleanside hose to the air box top, or end/base of CAI cone filter. But yes, closest to turbo is best.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I sealed my threaded fitting on the turbo pipe and air cleaner with rtv on the threads and around the outside just in case. Works great, looks great and doesn't leak.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks to Boosted Limited for the new instructions. I've never dealt with a DI engine before so the whole catch can thing is new to me. The instructions were awesome. Only problem I had was I lost a fitting and my kit had some missing parts. But I did order mine a couple months ago when they were having problems with the orders. Overall I am happy it is now installed. Thanks for the instructions. They will help other users with limited knowledge like myself.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts