F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site but not new to modding up vehicles.
Anyways,
I'm going to buy a new F-150 next month. FX4, crew cab, max tow, ecoboost.
I was needing some input for some parts selections I'm thinking about.

within the 1st month of purchase I plan on adding the following:
-AFE stage 2 oiled filter intake
-AFE 4" exhaust with black tip
-Edge CTS Tuner

I think I will be happy with this combo but was hoping to hear from someone that might have it.

Thx,
Scott

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome to the site! I totally concur with Slow recommendation great read up. Also there are other threads that show dyno results (Which you will first see on slows website) on what works and what claims to work but really doesn't give you much but more noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slow, I've check out your site. As well as many, many threads on this site. I noticed the SCT tuner has higher gains than the Edge CTS, however, I like the ability to see the gauges on the Edge. What's your opinion on the AFE 4" exhaust?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pretty much anybody creating tunes and running test tunes on the dyno will tall you that an intake will do little to no good. With a tune, you'd be luck to get 5hp, and they make noise. If you are getting an exhaust anyhow, the little extra noise may not be a concern to you, but dollar-for-dollar, the intake isn't a great investment. Ford actually did a good job on the intake with their 90-degree airflow ideas they used. On a stock tune, an aftermarket intake actually hurts performance.
Exhaust will help...changing the downpipe is what really gets things flowing.
If you like the fancy screen and being able to watch the gauges, the Edge CTS is the way to go. But really, you're watching digital graphics that really do you no good at all but being something cool to look at. If you weren't to need the screen, check out the Livernois tuner. Great (safe) setup done just for your computer's strategy code. As you make future changes, they can send updated tunes over the internet to you. Rick at Livernois really knows his stuff...they have some of the fastest Ecoboost vehicles around.
Regardless of what tuner you go with, the difference is AMAZING. Ford left alot of power on the table.
Good luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I Think like cobra97 on this. Make sure you get all the information before you buy it. To many companys out there just want to sell you something, but won't put in the time to help you feel comfortable. Livernois seems to be the best where it comes to over the phone support and education. Me, I found a Local speed shop that comes highly reccommended. They are using a SCT on mine, I get 4 hours of dyno time and there tech's who are experienced with the EB to custom tune my truck! with my mods and driving habits. I believe the result will be a more refined tune for me. + I get to be there through the whole process. Can't get much better then that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
FX4 just make sure to post us some pics of Dyno n install!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thx for the input everyone.
I think I will call Rick at Livernois when the time comes. That shop is only 40 minutes away from me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pretty much anybody creating tunes and running test tunes on the dyno will tall you that an intake will do little to no good. With a tune, you'd be luck to get 5hp, and they make noise. If you are getting an exhaust anyhow, the little extra noise may not be a concern to you, but dollar-for-dollar, the intake isn't a great investment. Ford actually did a good job on the intake with their 90-degree airflow ideas they used. On a stock tune, an aftermarket intake actually hurts performance.
Exhaust will help...changing the downpipe is what really gets things flowing.
If you like the fancy screen and being able to watch the gauges, the Edge CTS is the way to go. But really, you're watching digital graphics that really do you no good at all but being something cool to look at. If you weren't to need the screen, check out the Livernois tuner. Great (safe) setup done just for your computer's strategy code. As you make future changes, they can send updated tunes over the internet to you. Rick at Livernois really knows his stuff...they have some of the fastest Ecoboost vehicles around.
Regardless of what tuner you go with, the difference is AMAZING. Ford left alot of power on the table.
Good luck.
Where are you basing these facts??? About the tune or intakes? They have dyno proven numbers that say other wise readily available to any monkey that knows how to use google.... You said that stuff hurts performance?? I'd like to see where you are basing any of these facts. I really really hope you're some dude that just loaded and has a dyno in his garage and uses it for fun so you can post results of these so called performance restricters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
kenbasstx
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing