F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the motor is on its last leg. 2016 2.7 Ecoboost. Feel like I had just gotten it last year. Oh yeah cause I did. And of course the truck is 4 months past the 5 year. And 5k past 100k. I only have 35k on it. Would be just breaking it in. But someone beat me to it. I’m looking of putting a ‘20 2.7 or upgrade to the 3.4 (or what ever it is). I’m not sure if it would bolt right in or not. If anyone knows or can point me in the right direction would be awesome. Me and Ford customers service had words. And we both agree I better not call them again after I found out I have to pay for it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are too many differences in the 2nd gen 2.7 for it to work in your truck. You would have to stick to a gen1 or cut your losses on that one

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
So the motor is on its last leg. 2016 2.7 Ecoboost. Feel like I had just gotten it last year. Oh yeah cause I did. And of course the truck is 4 months past the 5 year. And 5k past 100k. I only have 35k on it. Would be just breaking it in. But someone beat me to it. I’m looking of putting a ‘20 2.7 or upgrade to the 3.4 (or what ever it is). I’m not sure if it would bolt right in or not. If anyone knows or can point me in the right direction would be awesome. Me and Ford customers service had words. And we both agree I better not call them again after I found out I have to pay for it.
Actual diagnosis?

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
That user name. 1 and done ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2015 around 7 months ago with a premium care warranty, the engine is done and Ford is refusing to honour my warranty because they are saying the old owner mustn’t have done regular maintenance because they found sludge! Now I have to take the. To court!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We can’t be the only ones in this position, maybe another class action suit against Ford is worth looking into for these engine’s as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No no I don’t think we are. By the stuff I gave read in the last month. Thanks to guy who said no I can’t throw a ‘20 into a ‘16. Guess I’ll restart and look for a 16 with low km. Guessing that’s also a no on the 3.5. If it will bolt right in or not. The company I work for. Has replaced two motors. Same year as mine and normally. They poo the bed around 20k. So guess I got a good one. At 105k km. Got to get a motor. And sell it. Or never know. Might fall in love with it again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s brutal Ford is doing nothing about this, both my sons have 16 and 17 F150’s one is a 3.5 and the other is 2.7 they’re both getting rid of them now. Looking like no more Fords for this family with the way they treat customers!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Something wierd going on in this thread.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you know the motor is on its last leg?
The shiny metal in the oil filter and the noise it’s making now. Is my sign. If it would be covered by warranty then I would take it to Ford for an actual check why. But they are holding their hands up saying it’s on me. So it’s on me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Two people both registered two days ago with wouldn't you know the same problem and ping-pong complaining on the f150 forum. Oh how cute.

Someone should probably flag this thread/these users to the admins..

·
Registered
78 Posts
All I'm saying is it seems fishy how this thread is going down. It has nothing to do with what you say about Ford. I could care less about Ford or any other brand. If this is all true then I do feel bad for you and it is a very unfortunate situation, but understand we've had many instances play out just like this from members who would sign up just trying to troll, so please excuse my pessimism.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Nothing cute about it. Why flag the conversation. It’s a true story. And I was asking a question. Who the frig are you? Did I hurt your Ford feeling. Cause Ford is wrecking my month. And possibly year. So go cry your little ass in the corner and let big boys talk.
so anyway. Mec confirms. Motor is done. Might want to get one and set it aside mr flag this conversation. You make get not need it now but …. Aaah you’ll find out soon enough.
What exactly is the manner of the engine failure ?

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
All I'm saying is it seems fishy how this thread is going down. It has nothing to do with what you say about Ford. I could care less about Ford or any other brand. If this is all true then I do feel bad for you and it is a very unfortunate situation, but understand we've had many instances play out just like this from members who would sign up just trying to troll, so please excuse my pessimism.
You’re good. This thread had been suspicious from the get-go.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
And do you a suggestion of what type of motor there big guy. Or are you one his buddies work his way up that corporate ladder looking for pens too. Wish both a get that beeep up out of here if you don’t have a suggestion of motor or phone this number they might be able to get Ford to help. For no other reason that they know that there is KNOWN Issues from the factory with these motors. Could happen today or 5.3 years away or 105k km or 20k km. Because I bought a used one I thought had low miles 72k when I bought it. BTW. Which should have been the case. I remember jumping I’m my grand fathers old Ford. 500k+ on it and he drove that everywhere. Now you can’t go past 100k before you over haul it from end to end. For real!!
Instead of attempting to bully via keyboard, Are you going to answer my question ?
What symptoms is the engine having that lead you to believe it has blown or whatever you claim ?

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
What exactly is the manner of the engine failure ?
Can you see the question I and others have asked ? Are you going to answer them so we can attempt to help ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So from what I have read here… buy a used truck, drive it for 35k and find yourself now outside of any warranty and then come here to complain that Ford won’t fix it for free. A few folks question your timing and a few ask what is wrong with your 2.7.? They transform into William Ba’Dass of the online neighborhood and still won’t answer what is wrong. This explains why they and Ford have reached a mutual understanding to no longer discuss this matter.

When you are out of warranty… you are out of warranty.

Just because you believe something should be covered, doesn’t mean it could/should/would be covered. Should someone do you a favor at Ford… that’s what it is, a favor. Which means you now owe them something. Like not complaining online or possibly buying another Ford in the future. But it seems clear that neither is an option for them. Have a nice life and move on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts