F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in the Chevy for a F150. Very happy with the switch, but I’m having a slight vibration when shifting through upper gears, 7-10 around 50-70 on the highway. It was a used 2018 Screw with 43k and sim wondering if Tranny flush would solve the issue, it’s a smooth ride otherwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
almost sounds like wheels/tires out of balance with that mileage, maybe the tires did not wear correctly and previous owner didn't rotate them? How is the response driving between he Ford and Chevy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
almost sounds like wheels/tires out of balance with that mileage, maybe the tires did not wear correctly and previous owner didn't rotate them? How is the response driving between he Ford and Chevy?
The tires look brand new, and recently balances, based on the condition of the weights. I thought that too, but it seems more like a slight shudder. I’m wondering if it’s got the old LV fluid and a swap to the ULV would help… The response is WAY BETTER, and I had the 6.2l that i tuned and the takeoff in the Ford is way better. As long as the vibration isn’t anything serious, I like the Ford much better as of now( it’s a week old)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Might sound crazy but that was happening on my 04 f150 and it was a coil pack. Truck never threw a code or engine light.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
You are probably on all OEM ignition parts. Factory service may list plenty of mileage to go on these parts but turbocharged engines can be hard on the ignition. Sounds like a mid/high end missing due to poor spark. I'd start with new plugs. The OEM coils are quite good but care is needed when handling to prevent damage to boots and connectors inside. KM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are probably on all OEM ignition parts. Factory service may list plenty of mileage to go on these parts but turbocharged engines can be hard on the ignition. Sounds like a mid/high end missing due to poor spark. I'd start with new plugs. The OEM coils are quite good but care is needed when handling to prevent damage to boots and connectors inside. KM
I’ll try that first

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,446 Posts
Those plugs look good.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,446 Posts
I can see the gap isn't too wide and the electrodes are mostly still there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They can look good and still not be working percent. All my plugs looked good but had a bad coil which didn't really show up until I was pulling a grade.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts