F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Ford guy, but new to the EcoBoost world. I had a 2009 Super Crew 4x4 Lariat with the 5.4L I absolutely loved until the touch screen and moonroof both broke. The moonroof was the last to go this past weekend, so I took my frustrations to a local dealer and traded for a new 2013 FX4 Ruby Red Metallic Super Crew EcoBoost. I did get an extended warranty this time as I really like these trucks, but the touch screen and moonroof combined for ~$2,200 in repairs. I just cannot bring myself to even think about a GM or Dodge product, so staying with the Ford.

I loved the 5.4L, but I cannot believe how much better the EcoBoost runs and tows. The first order of business was to tow the boat home from the Marina. Approximate weight is 4,500lbs. The EcoBoost pulled the boat so much better than the 5.4L and it just runs so much stronger w/o anything behind. I totally love the new truck. I am usually one to immediately throw some typical mods at a new truck, but I know nothing about how to mod an EcoBoost. I loved the sound of my 5.4L, but I am afraid to mess with the exhaust on the EcoBoost as I don't want to make the truck sound like a bumble bee.

Anyway, love the forum and will be looking for ideas. No pics yet. Still stock with tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! It sounds like you have already figured out why a lot of us refer to the truck as an EcoBeast! There are lots of mods available and most are on at least a few members trucks. Just search around and you will find lots of information here.

SPPD

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome! Lots to learn and read here, if you have any questions just throw them up and someone should chime in pretty quick!

·
Registered
229 Posts
On the exhaust im right there with you man. I just cant stand to hear "ricers" running around town and i dont want mine to be classified as that either!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome to the site! I had 08 f-150 with all the mods but it doesn't come close to the Eco in power and towing. Glad to have in the EcoBeast family!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yeah, I fully understand the EcoBeast nickname. Time to start prowling around and learn about this Beast.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you've already put yours to the test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing