F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

After lurking in the shadows of this forum for quite a while, gathering as much information as possible, I've finally purchased a brand new 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4! First time F-150 owner, actually, first time truck owner; trading up from a Honda Civic Si (2DR). :cool:

Anyways, here are the options I selected:

- Oxford White
- 3.5L V6 EcoBoost (/w3.73 Axle Ratio)
- 402A Package
- FX Appearance Package
- Max Trailer Tow Package
- Power Moonroof
- Navigation System
- Spray-In Bed Liner
- Tailgate Step

Delivery, according to the dealer, will be 5-6 weeks. I can't wait!!! :mad:

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hello!

After lurking in the shadows of this forum for quite a while, gathering as much information as possible, I've finally purchased a brand new 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4! First time F-150 owner, actually, first time truck owner; trading up from a Honda Civic Si (2DR). :cool:

Anyways, here are the options I selected:

- Oxford White
- 3.5L V6 EcoBoost (/w3.73 Axle Ratio)
- 402A Package
- FX Appearance Package
- Max Trailer Tow Package
- Power Moonroof
- Navigation System
- Spray-In Bed Liner
- Tailgate Step

Delivery, according to the dealer, will be 5-6 weeks. I can't wait!!! :mad:

Cheers,
Dave
Sounds like mine, but mine is Ruby Red & off the lot.. 5-6 weeks? wow.. but again that is TO... not as many trucks out there. The dealer here had approx. 100 F-150's on the lot alone.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Awesome choice! Color isn't bad either...welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
327 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the club. My EcoBoost is my first truck too. Coming from sports cars to a truck is a big change. I have never been happier with a vehicle though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to a great place! Sounds like an awesome truck!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And yeah! The 5-6 week wait is going to kill me, but, I am so picky when it comes to my vehicles that I could never settle for an off the lot purchase... also TO doesn't have many FX4's on the lot to choose from. And yup.. it's definitely going to be a big change moving from a Civic Si to the FX4.. but my "other vehicle" is an ambulance... so... i figure if I can drive that at blazing speeds and like a maniac I should be able to drive the FX4 ;) LOL

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!
Great color choice as the others have said.

I went from a Chevy HHR SS to my EcoBeast so I can relate to the compact to full size pickup transition.

It will be worth every minute you wait. The first time you put the key in and drop the truck in drive it will cause an addiction. My previous 4 vehicles were getting less than 4k miles per year of use since I have a company car for my commuting. I am nearly at 5k in a few months on the EcoBeast.

Dive in and enjoy the site! Can't wait for your review and first impressions thread in 5 weeks.

Again, Welcome!

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi and welcome! Don't hold me to this, but take a peek @ Taylor Ford in Port Perry - they had a white FX4 that all but matches your spec on their lot last Tuesday...

I took my FX4 in for a service there, and while waiting around checked-out the new vehicles... I paid attention to this one 'cos it's the same as mine (except in white), but has the trailer tow mirrors already on it... Might save you a wait?!? ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm.. seems it has everything the same spec as the one i've purchased... except the spray-in bed liner.. it's ok.. as SSPD mentioned.. it will be worth the wait.. and i've already ordered through the dealer.. it's ok.. i will spend the weeks memorizing the owners manual and dreaming about the upgrades that i want to do to my future baby..

actually.. the one thing i'm debating is whether or not to purchase a fibreglass tonneau cover from the dealer (1850$).. it's paint matched to the oxford white i've purchased.. but i've searched the forums and there seems to be a TON of other tonneau covers that look amazing... i'm mainly interested in the fibreglass paint matched ones.. so far Leer seems to be leading the pack... any suggestions? (anyone in toronto know a local dealer?)

thanks again guys... this forum is an AMAZING wealth of information!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts