F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exact F150 I want is available at a local dealer. Of course, there is nothing I dislike more than the tedious process of coming to an agreement so I try to keep it all online via email to preclude the dinner time phone calls. This dealers bottom line price is as follows:
The invoice is $50368.00 and the rebates are broke down as follows. $1500.00 retail customer cash + $1500.00 Ford credit retail bonus customer cash +$500.00 Farm Bureau membership Rebate. This totals $3500.00 in rebates. I will sell you the truck for the invoice price minus rebates. This comes up to $46868.00 plus tax tag and fees. If you do have a trade there is an additional $1750.00 in rebates.
...quoting from his email

It seems to me that this is still too high. Am I unreasonable to believe that I could get this to 42500 or possibly lower?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Fred

·
Registered
129 Posts
For my 2013: $42,500 is roughly what I got mine for before trade. I believe it was $500 to $1000 over dealer invoice. I am assuming yours is a 2014, so mine probably had a larger rebate available.

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry, did not see the year model. Full disclosure: mine is an FX4...

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
The exact F150 I want is available at a local dealer. Of course, there is nothing I dislike more than the tedious process of coming to an agreement so I try to keep it all online via email to preclude the dinner time phone calls. This dealers bottom line price is as follows:
...quoting from his email

It seems to me that this is still too high. Am I unreasonable to believe that I could get this to 42500 or possibly lower?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Fred
That's a pretty good deal if you just have to have a Platinum. They're not going to sell it to you for less than invoice....FYI....if you have (I think) a 1995 or newer clunker to trade, you should be able to get trade value plus ANOTHER $1500 trade assist from Ford on that '13 YM.

Good luck! GO VOLS!!! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That's a great deal. If they sell it to you at invoice that means all they are making on the truck is dealer holdback.

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
269 Posts
$50,368 doesn't sound like dealer "invoice." It sounds like MSRP, even for a Limited. So, another $4000 off would certainly be reasonable.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
$50,368 doesn't sound like dealer "invoice." It sounds like MSRP, even for a Limited. So, another $4000 off would certainly be reasonable.
Yes, my comments were based on that actually being invoice. I don't know how much limiteds go for.

They should show you the invoice though. It will list x plan price, msrp and invoice.

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sounds like we are in the same boat. I bought my 2013 Platinum 1 month ago with nearly the same MSRP and I negotiated 43,500 out the door. I think that I am one for a bit of self torture and prefer to do the homework over the net and hit at least 5 dealers in the area. With the lowest quote, I went to the largest dealer (saving them for last) and showed them my deal asking them to beat it. They ended up beating the overall deal which did include them giving me a portion of their holdback to get the deal to work. Sure, they still made money but I felt as though I beat the invoice from edmunds.com.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies folks. I'm trying to work them a little and I hope to have some results to post back. I'd be happy with 43,500 but I suppose I have to grind them a little. I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2013 Platinum about 3 weeks ago. The dealer sticker was $55,700 and I paid $43,500 for mine. Keep looking, the deals are out there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Bought mine 10k off sticker back when it hit the lot. It was out of state. They paid for private trailer transfer to my house. I asked the guy how much he made for the run and he said $1000. He might have lied but whatever the amount the dealer had to pay. If you aren't 11k+ off sticker there's plenty of room.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Tell them that another dealership close by has the same exact truck and they said that they could go down to $40,776.

Exactly what I did but I was talking to 4 different dealerships about the same exact truck I was looking at.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tip folks. I've been working a couple and I may be close to a deal. Damn this is tedious!

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I managed to get 20k off sticker on my King ranch. try using a website like unhaggle.com and use that as a weapon against them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well Crap! I was at the dealer and got the price down to 43000 on a new Platinum. I was ready to buy but walked out empty handed. Seems they offered 4000 less on the King Ranch trade-in than Kelly Blue Book said was low-end trade-in value. I pointed this out to them but they denied it. Showed me their screen. Sure enough, 3200. I asked and they insisted that it was KBB they were quoting. I said no... Click here and explain the difference. They went through the motions, sure enough, KBB said 7800 average trade. I was prepared to take 6000 but they would budge. I had everything except the contract signed. I asked for my keys and left. Crickets. Nothing. Here I go again. Oh well.

its easier to buy a freak'n house! :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well Crap! I was at the dealer and got the price down to 43000 on a new Platinum. I was ready to buy but walked out empty handed. Seems they offered 4000 less on the King Ranch trade-in than Kelly Blue Book said was low-end trade-in value. I pointed this out to them but they denied it. Showed me their screen. Sure enough, 3200. I asked and they insisted that it was KBB they were quoting. I said no... Click here and explain the difference. They went through the motions, sure enough, KBB said 7800 average trade. I was prepared to take 6000 but they would budge. I had everything except the contract signed. I asked for my keys and left. Crickets. Nothing. Here I go again. Oh well.

its easier to buy a freak'n house! :)
They'll call.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts