1,164 Posts
DAMN I got a head ache reading this,,,,,,,,,,,,,how about some proper writing
Etiquette

USE SOME PARAGRAPHS

·
Registered
513 Posts
To the OP:
Keep the rpms up a bit and the engine roughness will improve. As mentioned, 2k to 2500 rpm minimum. Lock out gears until you get there.

your new truck weighs 1000 lbs less than the titan. Stability will take more effort and, might I suggest, a new hitch. Round bar WDH with friction maybe what is contributing to your steering issue and sway.

When I went from my 2009 to the 2016, both157” wheelbase trucks, it took the purchase of a new hitch with integrated sway to get the stability back. Was using a trunnion style before and a new husky centreline took care of the sway as well. These newer trucks are LIGHT, compared to the previous generation. Powerful, but light.

·
Administrator
10,453 Posts
Ralph, I don't think you ever said that you checked your weights and your distribution.

Did you? If your weight isn't distributed properly (and 10 percent tongue weight still isn't enough with a camper imo) then all the rest of this isn't gonna work for you.

What does your front wheel well do when hitched up? (I.e. what's unhitched front wheel well height vs hitched)

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
@Ralph6648 Have you had a chance to take it to the scales yet ? Just wondering what they are.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts