F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just traded in my 2012 fx4 and got me a new 2018 XLT Sport, 3.5L, magnetic grey, can’t wait to add stuff to it, i was looking if anyone has plasti dipped those wheels in black to see how they look, i also have the sct x4 from the other truck but is it not compatible? Do you guys recommend to do an oil change at 500-1000 miles? thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Wicked looking truck. Congrats!

You'll be holding your breath forever waiting for your SCT X4 to be supported on this Gen2 3.5 (Or at least that is the current consensus)
I personally change the oil early on every internal combustion engine\device I ever buy.
How could it possibly be the wrong thing to do? :)

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Welcome!!!! Sport mode in itself is pretty bad in the mean time:):)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I guess i’ll try to sell the x4 and get the new one that is compatible, i haven’t tried the sport mode, just has 70 miles, i just want to run it for a few miles before i go crazy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet truck! I had the wheels on my ‘12 Lariat powder coated gloss black when I bought it. I’m extremely pleased with the durability and appearance of the powder coat. Is ther an advantage to either powder coat or plasti dip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The advantage to Plasti dipping is that it cost like $6 a can. Also if you decide to change the color it can easily be removed and reapplied.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same wheels/color truck. I like that the insert color matches my truck.

·
Administrator
9,507 Posts
Plastidip it if you want to, it's your truck .

If you do it right it can look very good, and there are a few lines of products out there from other companies that are essentially the same thing, but look better than PD.

Especially if it's just an experiment to see if you're going to like the look, my vote is to go for it.

Wicked looking truck. Congrats!

You'll be holding your breath forever waiting for your SCT X4 to be supported on this Gen2 3.5 (Or at least that is the current consensus)
I personally change the oil early on every internal combustion engine\device I ever buy.
How could it possibly be the wrong thing to do? :)
Y'all correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that support has been released for a while now.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
I think you quoted something I said 1 year ago. Lol

Yea, I think everyone can breath again. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
mwemaxxowner
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing