F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,
Last week I sold my Shelby gt350 for a brand new platinum ecoboost f150. Not my first truck or f150 but first time in the new body style. I do have a question, where is the iat gauge located on the dash?

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Dang, that had to be a difficult swap?

I'm not a big Mustang guy, but that Shelby GT350 would find a happy spot in the barn, if you know what I mean? Lol

IAT on the dashboard?

As fancy as that new Platty is for a truck, you still don't get real "data", regarding the motor, on that dashboard. Engine Coolant Temp gauge is fake. The Oil Pressure gauge is fake. The Tranny Temp gauge is kinda fake since on the higher trim you don't get actual temp reading. (ironically the XLT has numerical transmission temp displayed)

The BOOST gauge is pretty accurate and literal!
And of course the fuel gauge actually represents a real time estimate of what's in inventory.

It's an AMAZING truck and a fantastic drivetrain. But the gauge cluster is ridiculously pathetic regarding monitoring motor vitals.

Grab yourself an aftermarket ODB driven display and setup those vitals. The good news is there is a plethora of pids available and you CAN be incredibly well informed of all systems onboard.

Welcome to the board too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang that’s crazy. I’m so use to being able to see everything I needed on the Shelby. I already did some forscan scan changes and added the number above trans and engine temp. It was a hard swap but plans had changed and I was no longer moving to a place that had mild winters. Car was a beast just glad I was able to track it once before I had to sell it. It appreciated since I bought it so that helped a little.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
TX State.....welcome aboard!
We appreciate your sacrifice?-said no one!>lol
You couldn't keep both?....I know I know, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
My buddy has a Koa Blue 50th Anniversary Mustang GT with a Lund Tune and many more goodies....frickin brutally amazing car, BUT he's rode in my Boost and likes what he feels-lol
Congrats on your F150!
Don't worry.....with just a stand alone Perf Tune that truck will satisfy your go fast needs!
Screenshot_20201120-112146_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was looking at a tune or maybe just a boostmax so I don’t have to worry about warranty. I already have a pedal commander curtesy of the 350.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
5* will set you up with a safe 100+HP tune and for a few more bucks "insure" you if your warranty claim was rejected.

Basically a separate warranty for backup.

But you can wait until you get bored with the ~340RWHP you currently are enjoying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was leaning between them or MPT. The other hard decision I am going to have to make is exhaust. I think I’m settled on an 18inch magnaflow muffler swap with dual black tips.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Well once you have the Ngauge (or whatever), you can have as many brand-tunes as you desire. As you can imagine, each tune-guru has their own....... feeeeel, especially things like transmission strategy and throttle tip-in and such.

But only 5* addresses the warranty concerns of newer truck owners.

There's also considerable respect here for Livernouse and GearHead tunes.

Reactions: Tx State

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,972 Posts
Be careful with the exhaust. You don't really gain anything useful but might gain some horrible looks when ya get that V6 sounding like crap.

Reactions: Boltman760

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you on that. I know it won’t sound anything like the voodoo but I just want something with a little more to it without going straight lawn mower.

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD stock
22 Posts
I hear you on that. I know it won’t sound anything like the voodoo but I just want something with a little more to it without going straight lawn mower.
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat in regards to exhaust. I am looking to replace my 2015's and do not want the rice sound, well would prefer minimal sound if that is even possible...with the added air out aspect (letting it exhale.)

Will be curious to see what people suggest!

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,972 Posts
Ya me also. I keep threatening to have the resonator cut out just so I can hear the engine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
5 Star tuning with N-Gauge! I’ve been running the tune in my ‘18 Latinate since brand new. Wakes her right up, zero boost lag, immediate response, and also helps with towing my 24’ enclosed trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tx State

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know if I need a center in center out muffler or center in offset out. It’s kind of hard to tell my looking at it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
And UPR dual oil separator is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah it’s on the list. I do have another question. I know I have the gen 2 ecoboost in mine but was there a change between 17-18? Are there different turbos or is it the exact same engine from 2017? If there was a change does that mean larger turbo adapters are not needed?

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
17 was the introduction to the so-called Gen2. And in some ways, the introduction of port fuel injection IS the biggest advancement that headlines the second generation. As such, the catchcan debate cooled off dramatically. It didn't disappear completely, but even some the diehard Gen1 catchcan advocates have softened their stance.

And yes, the 17 model had a smaller turbo on the non-HO motor than the HO. But in 18, with almost no marketing noise, Ford quietly put bigger turbos on the regular (nonHO) motor. Although the part# is different for the 18 Raptor vs the nonRaptor, they are more similar than not.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Here is the size difference between the yrs of the 3.5 boosts. It was a very small size change from 17 to 18 but 18+ has MWE (Map Width Enhanced, Groove/"Ported")

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts