F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 4WD Lariat Sport, SuperCrew, 4WD, 3.5 EcoBoost, Special Edition Package
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I hope I posted this in the right place, but my dad recently bought a 2018 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost V6, and several times the door - ignition - "headlight on" chime seems to change from the new and most recent tri-tone to the older, electronic tri-tone originating from the early 2010s. I tried researching this online but can't find anything on it. Has anyone else experienced this? Below is a link to a video I made of it as I was finally able to capture it. This isn't a problem, and it doesn't bother him or me, but I find it strange that it would have 2 programmed chimes, with the older one sounding sometimes for no rhyme or reason. Is this a weird glitch of some sort? So far we love the truck and haven't had any issues with it, though the electronics are sometimes quirky.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
That's crazy, huh?

Something else that is actually quite common is for an XLT trim truck with Sync3, to suddenly render Air Conditioning controls on the touch screen, although the truck is not "equipped" with that feature. Only to have it all disappear on the next startup of the truck.

I'm not surprised that the code is buried in the computer somewhere and programmed NOT to render. But why would it render suddenly?

Your chime post reminded me of the same code-ghost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's actually not a different tone... you're hearing the tones out of the speaker in the dash (on the cluster I believe) versus out of the sound system (which happens with Lariats and above). It seems to have something to do with how fast all the modules boot up (keep in mind, the "vehicle network" in these trucks has 40+ modules on it). Mine usually works fine but occasionally hiccups.

If it keeps doing it, pull the ground cable a bit, let everything reset, then see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts