F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest complaint I hear everyone having with the Ecoboosts is the sound with aftermarket exhaust setups. They are either raspy or “fart can” sounding. Well AWE Tuning released a new system that could easily be the best sounding one. I have had it on my 2017 3.5 and it sounds outta this world. You have your choice of resonated or not resonated, single side exit, dual side exit, and dual rear exit. The quality of the materials are amazing and it’s made right here in the USA! If you want an amazing sounding exhaust that will turn heads (in a good way) then I’d recommend AWE. Oh and the best part of it is when you’re cruising down the road you don’t hear any drone but when you get on it the beast is unleashed. Go check out their website if you wanna see some videos and hear what it sounds like. I will post some pics and videos of revs, fly-bys, and interior soon.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
The biggest complaint I hear everyone having with the Ecoboosts is the sound with aftermarket exhaust setups. They are either raspy or “fart can” sounding. Well AWE Tuning released a new system that could easily be the best sounding one. I have had it on my 2017 3.5 and it sounds outta this world. You have your choice of resonated or not resonated, single side exit, dual side exit, and dual rear exit. The quality of the materials are amazing and it’s made right here in the USA! If you want an amazing sounding exhaust that will turn heads (in a good way) then I’d recommend AWE. Oh and the best part of it is when you’re cruising down the road you don’t hear any drone but when you get on it the beast is unleashed. Go check out their website if you wanna see some videos and hear what it sounds like. I will post some pics and videos of revs, fly-bys, and interior soon.
I'm looking forward to hearing your drive by clips, it seems the sound clips on their site are pretty different sounding then the couple clips posted by customers, like there's some weird sound distortion in the website clips.
Still think this and the Corsa are pretty close to the same sound and the only two I'd consider at this point.. If I can get past the bullfrog like sound when revving

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking forward to hearing your drive by clips, it seems the sound clips on their site are pretty different sounding then the couple clips posted by customers, like there's some weird sound distortion in the website clips.
Still think this and the Corsa are pretty close to the same sound and the only two I'd consider at this point.. If I can get past the bullfrog like sound when revving

I’ll for sure get some videos up. When I posted this it wouldn’t allow me to upload. Maybe cuz I’m using my phone? I personally like that deeper growl over the raspy/civic sound IMO.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I’ll for sure get some videos up. When I posted this it wouldn’t allow me to upload. Maybe cuz I’m using my phone? I personally like that deeper growl over the raspy/civic sound IMO.
You'll have to upload your videos to YouTube or something simular then post link here

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What’s your bed length? My midpipe didn’t fit as I was told. A little cutting solves the problem but something I wasn’t expecting to encounter halfway through the project at my storage unit. Luckily
I had a sawzall and vice handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
What’s your bed length? My midpipe didn’t fit as I was told. A little cutting solves the problem but something I wasn’t expecting to encounter halfway through the project at my storage unit. Luckily
I had a sawzall and vice handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forget, you have the 6.5 foot bed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP sounds awfully salesy and AWE just happens to be in PA. Hmm...
I don’t work for them if that’s what you are trying to get at. My truck was used for the development but I do not work for them. After touring their facility and meeting all the men and women who work there I fell in love with what they stand for as a company. I’m just giving my opinion on how I feel about the product they made. I probably wouldn’t not have put an exhaust system on my truck if they hadn’t come out with it. I want to make it clear that I’m not an employee of theirs and I just wanted to let you guys and gals see a new option that is out there that’s sounds amazing .

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Fair enough.

For me anyways.

But it probably would have come across differently if you had included that story in the beginning. Regardless, it sounds like their product and service has resulted in creating an ambassador customer. Legitimate in my book!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
OP sounds awfully salesy and AWE just happens to be in PA. Hmm...
I thought the same thing...

I was disappointed. The AWE clips sound amazing. The only real world video I've seen sounds roughly the same as everything else. The best of what I've heard mind you, but not like the AWE sales clip.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts

I was disappointed. The AWE clips sound amazing. The only real world video I've seen sounds roughly the same as everything else. The best of what I've heard mind you, but not like the AWE sales clip.

Yea, I should point out that although I am willing to support the OP for his motivation, I still believe an Ecoboost sounds best if you don't hear the exhaust. Lol

Probably one of the biggest limiting factors of how much performance ANY EB motor I ever own is exhaust. Give me however much power you can without hearing it. :)

·
Vendor
63 Posts

Hm. I find this very interesting as the product demonstration videos are very true-to-life and straight from the camera. So much that the comparison video I just posted, which was captured using a different microphone and camera body, sound very similar -- even with the environments not being the same (product demo videos: air strip, comparison video: parking lot). Not sure how much more real world it can get. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
OP sounds awfully salesy.
Yea, I should point out that although I am willing to support the OP for his motivation, I still believe an Ecoboost sounds best if you don't hear the exhaust. Lol

Probably one of the biggest limiting factors of how much performance ANY EB motor I ever own is exhaust. Give me however much power you can without hearing it. :)

I'm with snake on this one. The best ecoboost exhaust is still the stock one.

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
I don't know. Just making the observation that the MAXXPAY clips doesn't sound like the AWE clip. But, that's just two videos to compare. There are many variables at play no doubt.

·
Vendor
63 Posts
I don't know. Just making the observation that the MAXXPAY clips doesn't sound like the AWE clip. But, that's just two videos to compare. There are many variables at play no doubt.

Understood. I am interested in hearing the aforementioned clip, as well as learning what was used to record it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
mwemaxxowner
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing