F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
355 Posts
A dirty truck body with just cleaned wheels!

Totally kidding!:geek:

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with the raybestos performance slotted rotors, and the z36 pads all the way around. Only been running them for a couple months now so no data on longevity, bit they're doing great so far. Very solid pedal feel, and my last tow with the approximately 6500lb tow weight TT I noticed less gain in the trailer brakes while stopping and didn't feel pushed around at all.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
A dirty truck body with just cleaned wheels!

Totally kidding!:geek:

Brake dust ? Left rear and right front after towing heavy to the lake. This lil pickup hasn't been washed since March, maybe longer.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
355 Posts
OEM?!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
Yes. 85000 miles on original.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
355 Posts
Man. That is impressive. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
I think so also. I've always been very easy on brakes. No, I don't drive slow and I only slow down for curves I might be too fast for but I just let off ahead of time and coast. Coast down hills, before stop lights and signs, etc. I also use the tranny for slowing alot. I was taught this from a very young age. Started driving 3 on a tree most likely around age 9 on backroads especially which we lived on. Raised on a cattle and crop farm and we also logged and sawmilled so had to drive at a very young age.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
355 Posts
Braking is something not taught in depth anymore. The concept of "rolling friction" should be hammered home to new drivers.

One of the first vehicles I drove was a 68 Ranchero rust bucket. That dude taught me the finer points of braking (or not) and shifting with the same setup, three on the tree...

Looking back I really hated that thing, but it was a great learning experience for sure.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll second the votes for the Power Stop Z36 package. Replaced the stock brakes on my '12 Ecoboost supercab when the pads got thin. Use it to tow trailer with 4 GoldWing size motorcycles (about 7000 lbs in all) and have been impressed with how well these brakes perform.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time to put new brakes pads on my '14 F 150. It is a supercab 4wd, I tow heavy often and have excellent trailer brakes on everything. If I go to replace the rotors are the sloted rotors worth it for stopping power or long life?
Anything recommended for long wear pads vs Motorcraft or Napa brakepads?
I bought power stop ceramic and matching drilled rotors. Great service from them.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
Great service from Powerstop for selling you the brakes ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Time to put new brakes pads on my '14 F 150. It is a supercab 4wd, I tow heavy often and have excellent trailer brakes on everything. If I go to replace the rotors are the sloted rotors worth it for stopping power or long life?
Anything recommended for long wear pads vs Motorcraft or Napa brakepads?
Like so many others, I used the powerstop z36 setup. Found that the pads that came with the set didn't work so well (maybe a little hard" on day to day driving but were great any time you put a little strain on the brakes. Replaced the brakes on my wife's 2012 lariat and put them on my 2013 FX2. Do get a little squeal, mostly backing out of the driveway, for the first application of the brakes. These are just all around good, sound brakes.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
355 Posts
When it is time to do mine, I will go with PowerStop rotors on the 15. Not their pads though...as already stated. I bet they have different "lines" of their pads, like any other manufacturer and I only tried the one, so who knows.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
I'm going with OEM. Mine have been outstanding.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
One thing I do like about the power stops is that, after a winter or two, the hats still look nice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts