Premium Member
4,902 Posts
I like it on that color of a truck.

Not so much on some other colors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,826 Posts
Not a fan of any bug deflectors as "styling" goes, but if it is functional then who cares what it looks like.

I have never had a bug deflector so I'm not sure if they actually work or not, but I don't plan on buying one anytime soon

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Not a fan of any bug deflectors as "styling" goes, but if it is functional then who cares what it looks like.

I have never had a bug deflector so I'm not sure if they actually work or not, but I don't plan on buying one anytime soon
Obviously you don't travel in the south in love bug territory in the summer lol

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Heard they can save a windshield on occasion though.

I like how they look on the sport trim because the black grill and plastics are already a part of the ensemble. So they don't contrast nearly as much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,826 Posts
Obviously you don't travel in the south in love bug territory in the summer lol
Guess you have never driven around in Nebraska between dusk and 11pm. lol.

I’m with @milesej05 on this. From nothing more than an visual perspective, I think they ruin the look of any truck. I guess it comes down to a matter of function over form if you’re going to run one.
My biggest gripe with them (other than appearance) is getting the hood clean/dry/waxed behind that thing. I would be the one to remove it everytime I washed my truck and that would be a PITA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! I went with the Ford OEM version. I personally love the look and have had more than one F150 owner I've encountered ask me about it.

Ford P/N: 9L3Z-16C900-A
deflector.JPG

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've always been curious as to how these work. It is a 3" strip of plastic, how much is it really going to deflect compared to the 3' glass windshield? I guess if you have one on your truck the bugs are attracted to it ILU of your windshield - haha

·
Registered
517 Posts
A true bug deflector is one that is angled up off the hood and creates a stream of air upwards. This pulls bugs/small rocks up with it and over the windshield rather then into the windshield. I'm referring to the ones that are not flush mounted. The flush mounted ones are for direct rocks hits to the front of the hood that's it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya something like that lol
That's kind of an extreme example tho some of the aeroskin sells both versions that I mentioned. The flush mount and the raised one

·
Registered
111 Posts
A true bug deflector is one that is angled up off the hood and creates a stream of air upwards. This pulls bugs/small rocks up with it and over the windshield rather then into the windshield. I'm referring to the ones that are not flush mounted. The flush mounted ones are for direct rocks hits to the front of the hood that's it

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts