F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my truck several weeks. I researched for a long time, most on this site, in choosing this truck. Very happy so far, great power, decent economy. Have had a few fit and finish issues with the tailgate to bed gap, and a bad speaker in a passenger door. All in all not bad at all.

I've been less than impressed by my local Ford dealer. I had them change the oil as the new speaker was installed (they were great about ordering and installing new speaker). They overfilled it considerably, I suspect they put near 8 quarts in. I returned with the truck a day later and had it corrected, and ensured they were using 5w30. They said they could adjust the tailgate to create a gap, it was rubbing the paint off at the base. Turns out they "adjusted" it with a hammer. Lucky for them it was sprayed with Line-x today. I think I'll do my own maintenance from here on out!

Looking forward to some mods in the future, perhaps exhaust and a tune. Anyway, great site full of great info!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome! Hammer? Little much. Hope you get a survey to let Ford know what their customer service was like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will for sure, though the sales/finance side of the transaction was great (well, as great as that can be).

·
Registered
943 Posts
That looks like my truck!;) I sure don't think much of hammer mechanics. I'm with akmedic send in a report to Ford.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum! Great choice to go with the EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have a customer service nightmare or two. Bad thing about being in Alaska is I only have a few choices (4). A few words said to the right people really make things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts