F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hello to everyone here. Got my new 2014 FX4 supercrew about a month ago. I have to say that I really like the truck and so far have little to complain about even with the poor gas mileage. I was wondering if anybody has experienced a low growling noise that almost sounds like the rear tires are spinning under light acceleration from a rolling start. I know it's not the tires because I've spun them a few times since new just for the hell of it. It sounds like it's coming from engine bay and only intermittently. I was wondering is these motors make some different noises that I'm not familiar with or if something's wrong. Second, anyone have a little rattle coming from the drivers b pillar? Almost sounds like the weather strip is still pretty tacky and is making noise. Was wondering if the door latch can be a adjusted a hair to shut it up. Thanks for any help. Great site, lots of good information.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The growling sound is normal,the rattle may be seatbelts twisted and rattling on the pillar mine do the same and the sound seems to come from all over inside. What no pictures of your new ECOBEAST? Welcome to the forum lots of information here!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My B-pillar was not seated all the way from the factory and needed a few good smacks with the palm of my hand to shut it up.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The abs helps prevent wheel spin you are hereing the abs pump working like a locker

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Allmost sounds like grinding coming from under the radeo ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Ecoboost Screw 3.55 rear, 4x4, Piece of crap, multiple issues.

I have a 2013 Ecoboost super crew, 25,000 miles. I have crappy fuel mileage. 8-10MPG IN the city. 20's on the highway. Had rear pinion seal go out, oil slinger, clunking in transmission, burning odor when turning on a/c, now drivers window motor whining every time it rains and rough idle every morning and while sitting at a light. The only thing that has been fixed by ford is the seals. They keep giving me the same bs they can't find anything wrong. Well 8mpg, rough idle, and no answer is a pile of horse manure. This truck just ticks me off and since April of 2014 i have dumped 1800 in fuel in it. Fords answer, idle is normal in the am, can't find a fault code for the rough idle, burning a/c smell the dealer never can smell even though everyone that rides in the truck can. This ford truck is a money pit and ford's ****ty answers are the reason I will never buy another Ford again. Anyone else having a lot of issues. Please email me direct at [email protected].

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I have a 2013 Ecoboost super crew, 25,000 miles. I have crappy fuel mileage. 8-10MPG IN the city. 20's on the highway. Had rear pinion seal go out, oil slinger, clunking in transmission, burning odor when turning on a/c, now drivers window motor whining every time it rains and rough idle every morning and while sitting at a light. The only thing that has been fixed by ford is the seals. They keep giving me the same bs they can't find anything wrong. Well 8mpg, rough idle, and no answer is a pile of horse manure. This truck just ticks me off and since April of 2014 i have dumped 1800 in fuel in it. Fords answer, idle is normal in the am, can't find a fault code for the rough idle, burning a/c smell the dealer never can smell even though everyone that rides in the truck can. This ford truck is a money pit and ford's ****ty answers are the reason I will never buy another Ford again. Anyone else having a lot of issues. Please email me direct at [email protected].
Instead of acting like an asshole your first post why don't you create your own thread and introduce yourself...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Instead of acting like an asshole your first post why don't you create your own thread and introduce yourself...
^^^ thank you.

As for the OP's rattle, take a look at where your plastic door panels meet the door at the edges. Mine rattle and creak like hell when it's cool outside. I'm looking for some sort of foam tape or adhesive-backed felt to quiet this down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. Ill check the seals and door panels. No big deal about the growling noise i just wasn't sure what it supposed to sound like. Last truck I owned was a Sierra Denali extended cab with the clam shell doors and that sob rattled shook and vibrated like there was no tomorrow. This ecoboost is a vault compared to that. If I can figure out how ill post a pic of her. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and as far as that other post in this thread, if I got 20 mpg on the highway in my full sized 4x4 pickup I'd do back flips cause I'd be so happy about it. Just sayin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts