F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Just bought my first truck to daily drive and tow my race car. The Ecoboost won over a used diesel, and after two weeks of ownership, I love it.

The backup camera makes hooking up to the trailer much easier by myself, and the engine is impressive. It's also much more comfortable to drive to events than my race car!

·
Registered
588 Posts
That is awesome and congrats on the new EcoBeast!!!! Also welcome to the site looking forward to hearing more on how the Eco is treating you. Lots of great info on here and folks are as friendly as they come. Please feel free to post pics and hit us up on any questions or concerns you may have. Between the 900+ members I am sure we will find a answer.
By the way what are you racing and what made you choose the EcoBeast over the used diesel?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome! That backup camera definitely is a plus! Also the zoom feature is nice on it! You have yourself a nice little race car you'll be driving to races, ecoboost definitely surprises alot of people when they ride in it. I came to the ecoboost my self from a lifted 08 6.4l twin turbo diesel. Big change but definitely a good one!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Congratulations on choosing the EcoBeast!

It blows peoples minds when I tell them that I tow 9k regularly and still manage to get double digit economy. Especially when I tell them its a V6. I usually leave off the twin turbo part unless they ask. Lol. My wifes Janitor at her work refuses to believe we pull what we do and still believes that we are pulling his leg. I know many diehard V8 and diesel guys thumb there nose at these EcoBeasts, that is until they drive one ;-)

Welcome to the forum and Jump right in!

SPPD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post some pics soon of it towing the race car to Delaware this past weekend.

By the way what are you racing and what made you choose the EcoBeast over the used diesel?
I race a Subaru STI in SCCA Solo. It's far from comfortable enough for street use anymore.

When I looked at how much it costs to do common maintenance (fluid changes) on diesels, diesel cost at the pump, and availability of exactly the "right" truck vs. a new Ecoboost, the decision was easy. Plus, it's nice to know I don't have to worry about any immediate fixes on the EB. Last, as a turbo car guy, I really liked the idea of the turbocharged six.

Welcome!! Fayett-nam huh? Military ??
Yeah, army. And a big Clemson Tiger fan, too. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post some pics soon of it towing the race car to Delaware this past weekend.

I race a Subaru STI in SCCA Solo. It's far from comfortable enough for street use anymore.

When I looked at how much it costs to do common maintenance (fluid changes) on diesels, diesel cost at the pump, and availability of exactly the "right" truck vs. a new Ecoboost, the decision was easy. Plus, it's nice to know I don't have to worry about any immediate fixes on the EB. Last, as a turbo car guy, I really liked the idea of the turbocharged six.

Yeah, army. And a big Clemson Tiger fan, too. ;)
Turbocharged definitely pushes these little trucks nicely!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts