F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to start by saying I love my truck! I purchased a 2011 F150 Supercrew with the Ecoboost engine about 3 weks ago with less than 10K miles on it. I have to say I am very pleased with the performance. I found the forum and signed up! My question is this.... Is there anything you fellow owner's can share about issues or potential issues that you have seen or heard of? I was a little worried that I found a 2011 with that low of milage but the story from the dealer is it wouldnt tow what the owners had so they upgraded... Dealer story or truth who knows? My brother liked my truck so much he went and found a 2011 as well and now we are a Ecoboost family! Well thanks for any insight anyone may have.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the EcoBeast Family!

The 11s and 12s had an issue with the intercooler or as Ford calls it the CAC. There is a TSB that will replace the CAC if you experience a sudden loss of power and shuddering while accelerating. High humidity climates seem to be where this occurs most. Other than that you chose wisely! You will not be disappointed. Lots of good people and knowledge here so just look around and you will likely find the information you seek.

SPPD

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check the spark gap a lot of the 2011 gaps were all over the place. Mine was .042 to .045.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying your truck and that's pretty sweet that your brother going to!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys I appreciate the input! The Intercooler issue does worry me being in Florida but I will have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I live in Alaska, so I can tell you that these are tough trucks and tough engines. I have had mine for a year now and it has worked in the harshest conditions with ease, even cold starting in -40 and colder weather (I do have it winterized though with all the right warmers). It is very dry up here though so I have had no issues with my intercooler, even with the lightbar in the bumper. As for the towing, unless you are trying to tow a monster trailer (exceeding 12.5k pounds) then you will have no issues at all with towing. I have dragged full 27 foot trailers through the mountain ranges here and did it with ease. Welcome to the site and the Ecobeast community :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts