F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFE has been working on a high capacity trans pan for the ecoboost and all F150s with the 6R80 transmission. aFe's pan carries 7 quarts more oil than stock, giving you a total transmission oil capacity of 19.1 quarts! Here is the link (pricing will probably be cheaper than this as we get closer to April).

[h=1]2009-2014 F150 aFe Machined Transmission Pan (6R80 Only)[/h]
afe-46-701722009-2014f150afemachinedtransmissionpan(6r80only)0.jpg

AFE Trans pan spy shot.JPG

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I would be very interested in this. I do a lot of towing. This is the pan we put on my f250. That and 40k gvw tranny cooler
image-2711285268.jpg

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'm all for a sweet shiny new part but isn't this overkill?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought these transmissions were pretty bullet proof? Maybe this is just for the die hard heavy towing people?

Anyway, how much? Lol

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
IMO you can't overkill when it comes to a transmission

·
Vendor
1,519 Posts
I'm all for a sweet shiny new part but isn't this overkill?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought these transmissions were pretty bullet proof? Maybe this is just for the die hard heavy towing people?
Power and torque-handling wise, these things are pretty damn good. However, they'll still get hot when towing (especially some of the massive toy haulers I've seen guys yank around with these things), and you can still put a hole through the pan if you're out wheeling (especially people like us who don't have a skid plate/bumper).

It's definitely not one of those "necessary" upgrades for the average truck driver, but it looks pretty awesome and keeps the transmission cooler, so hey. We're hoping to get one in here soonish and up on one of our trucks (probably the 5.0L).

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I need to buy something to tow so I can justify to the wife buying this, lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Now there's an idea, I might have to do that. The local sports show is this weekend too, I'm sure I can find something to pull there :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts