F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aFe Bladerunner series of performance intercoolers have been some of the most popular intercoolers in the diesel world for a very long time, and they've finally made the jump over to the EcoBoost F150s so that the 3.5L V6 under the hood of your 2011 to 2014 F150 puts out even more horsepower and torque while supporting all of your truck's other performance modifications. aFe's F150 EcoBoost Bladerunner Intercooler features a high-quality design and comes loaded with handy features that makes it a leaps and bounds improvement over the factory intercooler and can help minimize and completely eliminate the infamous condensation issues that plague the factory intercoolers. The Bladerunner intercooler's unique core design provide a drastic drop in IATs to allow your F150's EcoBoost V6 to churn out power and torque at its peak efficiency. The intercooler bolts on right in place of stock and is compatible with aFe's Bladerunner Charge Pipe for maximum performance.

[h=1]2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Bladerunner Intercooler[/h]
afe-46-201212011-2014f150ecoboostafebladerunnerintercooler0.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler1.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler2.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler3.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler4.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler5.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler6.jpg AFE-46-201212011-2014F150EcoBoostaFeBladerunnerIntercooler7.jpg

I CAN give you guys discounts is you PM me on this new intercooler.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i wish we had some afe vs full race comparisons. Charge pipe and afe or full race? Hp, ft lbs, and cost. Also intake temps compared in various tests. Agreed???

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
i wish we had some afe vs full race comparisons. Charge pipe and afe or full race? Hp, ft lbs, and cost. Also intake temps compared in various tests. Agreed???
Both are great choices.
You decision really boils down to where you want the intercooler mounted.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What about AFE vs ATP? They look the same.
should be very similar.
However, looks like the afe retains the factory bypass versus the vent to atmosphere that my ATP has.

·
Registered
838 Posts
should be very similar. However, looks like the afe retains the factory bypass versus the vent to atmosphere that my ATP has. .
Yea id rather not block my radiator honestly

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
440 Posts
My only issue with buying a intercooler besides FR is that you still have the factory charge pipe, the FR keeper comes with new pipes for almost the same price. This AFE unit looks real nice but add their blade runner charge pipe and your paying a lot. As far as blocking air flow, that argument is a is void and not a issue.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The ATP is two cores and tube and fin composition. AFE is one core and bar and plate composition. AFE is the superior design.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Pretty sure ATP is bar and plate...
View attachment 9015
You can see the match line where the two cores are stacked.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It should be. If someone would/could do a back to back test you should see a difference.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It should be. If someone would/could do a back to back test you should see a difference.

If you look closely, the joint is two half plates stacked. The loss of free area is likely in the low single digit percentile.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I see but I still believe the hard "data" will show. Flow, efficiency, HP/TQ, ET. Im not saying the ATP is a bad unit. From my research the AFE should perform better. How much? We dont know.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I see but I still believe the hard "data" will show. Flow, efficiency, HP/TQ, ET. Im not saying the ATP is a bad unit. From my research the AFE should perform better. How much? We dont know.

I didn't take it as such.
Being that ATP was one of the first to market, for my 13, I fully expect there will be improvements in the designs others bring to market.

I do know this, I can't heat soak doing WOT logs on the highway in Houston summer heat.
Stop and go traffic gets it real hot, but it sheds it like Charlie Brown getting hit with a baseball.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I didn't take it as such.
Being that ATP was one of the first to market, for my 13, I fully expect there will be improvements in the designs others bring to market.

I do know this, I can't heat soak doing WOT logs on the highway in Houston summer heat.
Stop and go traffic gets it real hot, but it sheds it like Charlie Brown getting hit with a baseball.
I have already "purchased" an intercooler for my 2013. I am hoping for a drastic improvement over stock. Hearing your results seems my goal will met.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts