F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Guys, Starkey has been known in the Mustang market for awhile. He makes extremely nice wiring kits and lighting kits. His newest offering is for the F150s and super dutys. We have an install video on our site, make sure to check out the factory looking switch he uses. Since these are controlled by a switch you could also turn them on when some one is following too close (we usually refer to those as "FU" lights.

[h=1]F150 & Super Duty Starkey Products Complete Backup Lighting Kit[/h]
sp-5200f150superdutystarkeyproductscompletebackuplightingkit0.jpg SP-5200F150SuperDutyStarkeyProductsCompleteBackupLightingKit1.jpg SP-5200F150SuperDutyStarkeyProductsCompleteBackupLightingKit5.jpg

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I actually just asked my mechanic/friend about installing lights on a toggle switch... Guess I found my first stage 3 purchase!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I am very excited! When we discussed this, I told him I wanted to use a toggle switch, since the main reason I wanted them is those early mornings when I'm hooking up to the trailer. I hated having to set the parking brake and leaving it in reverse. This switch looks like it belongs in a 50k truck instead of a cheap toggle switch.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
My cousin installed these for me this weekend and they are great! The switch illuminates when they are on, and also when the headlights are on so you can see it at night. I went with the 60* diffused which are very bright. It's like installing headlights in the back lol. He said the install was very easy. I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
What are the differences in LED lights as far as distance lighting and area lighting?
I'd like to install lights like this for backup but I'm wondering if there are LED lights out that will light up long distances down the road like the 100 watt lights that I now use on my other truck do.
I believe the halogens are referred to as driving verse fog lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts