F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on the Falkens. I stuck with stock size and load range, 275/65r18. I bought them through Discount Tire, at $640 to my door, with a $50 mail in rebate coming. The photos just don't so them justice. The truck looks sooooo much better in person with these tires on. I feel like a man again. Lol

I tried to arrange some of the photos as before and afters from the same angle as close as I could get. Obviously I'm not a photographer. I'll update with my experiences as I go. I'm running 38 psi all around right now.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice looking tires! I was looking at getting a set of those, but ended up ordering Mastercraft Courser AXTs in 285/65-18. I'll have to remember to take some "before and after" pics like you did. Now if only my wheels would get done at the powdercoaters...

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking tires! I was looking at getting a set of those, but ended up ordering Mastercraft Courser AXTs in 285/65-18. I'll have to remember to take some "before and after" pics like you did. Now if only my wheels would get done at the powdercoaters...
I actually want to have these painted. The part that is greyish in color I want to be a gloss black to match the rest of the truck. I've talked to a few painters and a few powder coaters. With a good quality paint job paint should hold up well for my needs.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
nice, I was either getting those or the nitto. Went nitto I hear and read great things about the falken

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
Mitchell, keep playing with your psi as the weight of your truck differs from mine, but I have been running 39/40 psi in mine and that has seemed to be the "sweet spot". They have been wearing extremely well with normal 5,000+/- mile rotations.
I couldn't be any happier with my choice to go with these tires. ;)

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My total price for install and balance, with tire disposal fee and all of that great stuff, was $80. So 640 for the tires, $80 to install, and I have a $50 rebate coming.

The price out the door at my tire shop was $855.

Oh yeah, I also had them install the Gorilla lugnuts in black while we were at it. After several tire rotations the stock lugnuts were trash. I don't count that into the cost of the tires, but they were $75. CJ Pony Parts is where I got them.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
These look like the best deal going if one wants to size up to a larger AT tire.
Yup. I went up a size (or two) and got mine purchased, balanced, mounted, and out the door for $601. And Mitchell got his for a smidge more than that. So they are a great tire for a great price. You really can't go wrong with them. ;)

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How the heck did you get out the door for $600?? I watched for a bit to find them at $640 shipped prior to install with the $50 rebate. That was on discount tire direct, the store side of the website was cheaper per tire as it appeared, but all said and done was more.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
How the heck did you get out the door for $600?? I watched for a bit to find them at $640 shipped prior to install with the $50 rebate. That was on discount tire direct, the store side of the website was cheaper per tire as it appeared, but all said and done was more.

Baaaaaaaaaaa
I haggled. I went in to my local DT, told them exactly what I wanted and what I was willing to pay. I got a small discount for using my DT credit card and there was a rebate too. So after rebate and credit card discount, it came out to $601 and some change. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Yaw can NOT be concerned with +-~50 bucks?

I'm now feeling foolish for paying more than Yaw did for just 1 tire/rim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elmore328

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts

Um, yeah. I can. LOL
In my world, $50 is almost two cases of diapers! :)

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I can most DEFINITELY be concerned with $50 more. There are weeks when we could REALLY use it. In fact, the only reason we're able to afford this truck is making the best use of every $50 we see that we possibly can.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haggled. I went in to my local DT, told them exactly what I wanted and what I was willing to pay. I got a small discount for using my DT credit card and there was a rebate too. So after rebate and credit card discount, it came out to $601 and some change. ;)
I got the rebate and credit card discount also. Lol

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'm now feeling foolish for paying more than Yaw did for just 1 tire/rim.

You should head over to the satellite radio thread where we're squabbling over literal dollars per month.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another way to save some coins is to catch Ebay's 15% off coupon which usually occurs every few months or so.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts