F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to post up some pictures and a mini-review of the Oracle flashlight I won through our fantasy NASCAR league. Thanks again to all of the great sponsors and to Vol for setting it all up!

the box.jpg
The light comes in a very nice box with foam padding to protect the light during shipping.

What comes in the box.jpg
Comes with an 18650 rechargeable battery and a 110v charger.

in hand.jpg
The light feels very well built and features nicely machined threads with O-rings that make the light water proof.

beam shot.jpg
The beam is very focused and mostly throw. Very nice smooth reflector that casts an even hotspot with no imperfections. (Sorry about the crappy cellphone pictures.:eek:)

Thanks Oracle for the flashlight!

Where you can buy the light- :cool: ORACLE Z LED Flashlight - ORACLE FLASHLIGHTS - Commercial & Residential LED

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I had to go to YouTube to figure out that you have to turn the body to go to low power on that thing...but it does actually have 5 different settings.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to go to YouTube to figure out that you have to turn the body to go to low power on that thing...but it does actually have 5 different settings.
It took me a second to figure out too. That beamshot is on the highest setting.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
You call that a flashlight?.... That aint no flashlight.... This is a flashlight----> 2900 lumen Fenix TK75 XM-L2(U2) LED Flashlight (2900 Lumens) - Fenix-Store

This is the one I had and just sold off: 960 lumen Fenix PD35 LED Flashlight - 2014 Edt. - Fenix-Store
Here you go Talley. That was a (FREE) prize POCKET light for winning at Talladega last week. Nothing like comparing apples to bananas.

ORACLE 24X-9 Xenon Flashlight - ORACLE FLASHLIGHTS - Commercial & Residential LED

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
It's still a nice light.

I've got a PD32UE that's been kicking it in my truck for over a year with no issues.
Those are B/A (of course they're double the price)...BUT...how is the overall length on the PD32UE compared to the Oracle? Is it still comfortable in your pocket?

POCKET of course....being the operative word. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
More like it! haha.

Love the Fenix brand. Completely bulletproof!
Once upon a time, SureFire had ALL of that business....now there are quite a few choices of high end TACTICAL/POCKET flashlights.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once upon a time, SureFire had ALL of that business....now there are quite a few choices of high end TACTICAL/POCKET flashlights.
I really dug the Eagletac stuff until I held one. Feels like junk and the 30 different modes were way to confusing.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! These things have come a long way since I got my LED Lenser LED light. I've been using it for years and it looks like crap, but it is bright and the color of the light doesn't have that obnoxious blue in it like other LEDs do. Plus, I got a bulletproof carrying case!
I really wish there were more options for a warmer LED in mainstream lights.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm a StreamLight guy all the way. I lost a StreamLight in the middle of a bay, gave up left and continued bowfishing. We were on the way back and saw it lighting up a nice little strip of water (the switch shorted). After 4 hours of saltwater submersion, all i had to replace was the on/off switch.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a StreamLight guy all the way. I lost a StreamLight in the middle of a bay, gave up left and continued bowfishing. We were on the way back and saw it lighting up a nice little strip of water (the switch shorted). After 4 hours of saltwater submersion, all i had to replace was the on/off switch.
Luckily I haven't lost any of mine yet but the general consensus is that most of the newer tech out from name brand companies is indestructible.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts