F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 FX4 Eco in December, found this forum and decided to become a part of it to learn more about the EB. My vehicle before this was a fully bolt 2010 Camaro SS, but when I heard about the ecoboost I had to trade it in and go with ford and I am truly happy with that decision. I plan on doing a few performance mods to the truck, I'm planning on going with the livernois package that includes the tuner, intake, downpipe and thermostat...I am new to ford and have very little knowledge of these ecoboost

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud

I was wondering if there's any other members on here from Houston or if anyone knows of some shops that do good engine work on ecoboosts around here

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Thanks bud

I was wondering if there's any other members on here from Houston or if anyone knows of some shops that do good engine work on ecoboosts around here
Welcome from the nw side of town.

What kind of engine work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from the nw side of town. What kind of engine work?
Well I'm planning on ordering the package from livernois that includes the tuner, CAI, thermostat and downpipe in the next few weeks..and after that I'm planning on ordering the intercooler/CAC upgrade kit from Full-Race and I just need a mechanic shop that knows their way around the ecoboost engine and be able to install those bolt ons for me

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Well I'm planning on ordering the package from livernois that includes the tuner, CAI, thermostat and downpipe in the next few weeks..and after that I'm planning on ordering the intercooler/CAC upgrade kit from Full-Race and I just need a mechanic shop that knows their way around the ecoboost engine and be able to install those bolt ons for me
Intercooler is a quick driveway swap.
So is t-stat.

Downpipes, there's a shop down in Webster(iirc?) That was cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Intercooler is a quick driveway swap. So is t-stat. Downpipes, there's a shop down in Webster(iirc?) That was cheap.
Oh okay, I have buddy who's father-in-law owns a small mechanic shop, I'll ask him to let me borrow some tools...just wasn't too sure if it was an easy job to do since I'm honestly not really familiar with these trucks. Know of any other performance mods to help these trucks move? My brother owns a Texas Edition Silverado, he has spent thousands on it, swapped out the 5.3L to a 6.0L LS2, full bolt on with a monster cam..that thing is fast, but I'm sure with a few mods this Eco will smoke his and I just really wanna see the look on his face when that happens and any advice will help!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Oh okay, I have buddy who's father-in-law owns a small mechanic shop, I'll ask him to let me borrow some tools...just wasn't too sure if it was an easy job to do since I'm honestly not really familiar with these trucks. Know of any other performance mods to help these trucks move? My brother owns a Texas Edition Silverado, he has spent thousands on it, swapped out the 5.3L to a 6.0L LS2, full bolt on with a monster cam..that thing is fast, but I'm sure with a few mods this Eco will smoke his and I just really wanna see the look on his face when that happens and any advice will help!
What's his 1/4 mile time?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Wait no, his time was a 13.4, that was the best he ever got. And yeah it was a one time run
Do the bolt ons you have planned, get a good tune, and it's a driver's race.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome from Angleton!

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts