F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I bought a 2014 F150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost about 2 months ago after totaling my 2018 Silverado LTZ 6.2. I was always a Chevy guy and even though I did own a couple fords in the past ('79 F100, and '87 F150) I never thought I'd own another one. Well after totaling my Silverado I was looking for something cheaper (the note on this truck is less than half and the insurance is $50 less per month). That lead me to the Ecoboost with 65k miles that I picked up for 24k. I was impressed from the very start. I'm naturally an impulsive spender. I ordered new tires (33x12.5R20 Toyo Open Country R/T) on when I got home from the dealership. I also ordered a GatorTrax tonneau cover, weathertech front and rear floor liners, installed a pop & lock actuator to lock remotely lock the tailgate, and a bedrug bed liner and tailgate mat, and running boards (the truck has a leveling kit and my wife was complaining about the height. That's before I realized the performance gains you could get out of this truck.

I already had an EDGE CTS2 tuner that I purchased in 2018 for my Silverado. I put that in and installed the canned 91 octane race tune. That alone made a very noticeable difference. Next I ordered an AFE Stage II CAI, Turbosmart Supersonic BOV, MAK catless downpipes, Stainless Works 3.5" cat(less)back exhaust, and the SPD high flow turbo adapters. I was already getting misfires at full throttle so I ordered a UPR mega catch can. Before having the adapters and downpipes installed (not a job I wanted to do in the driveway after seeing the YouTube videos) I installed the MSD Ignition 82576 Coils and new plugs gapped to .028. I had a dyno tune scheduled for 12/11, but canceled because I found a great deal on the Mishimoto Intercooler kit w/ hot and cold tubes for for their cyber monday sale ($692 for the intercooler and tubes). I also found a BBK throttle body for $400 so I bought that also. I rescheduled my dyno tune to 12/18 to give me time to install the intercooler, tubes, and throttle body, which was a pain in the ass to say the least. I paid for the tune already which was $1,000 but included the nGauge, as many tunes as I want, and life time free minor changes. If I change the turbos it'll be an hourly rate.

I think I'm done with it for a while but it does feel like a sickness. My list of possible future upgrades include full ported manifolds, upgraded turbos, upgraded fuel pump, and possible methanol injection. It's a slim chance that I do any of those because the truck is already a monster. I think once I get it dyno tuned in 2 days I'll be happy for a while.

Anyway, I've been lurking the forum and made a lot decisions based on information found here, so I wanted to join and introduce myself.

Edited to include catback exhaust.

Premium Member
Welcome!!!! Very Nice start with mods馃憤 And yes you have the dreaded MOD sickness 馃檧馃檧 Not sure about shocks with the lift kit you got but shocks and rear sway bar would be close to the top of my list馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!!!! Very Nice start with mods馃憤 And yes you have the dreaded MOD sickness 馃檧馃檧 Not sure about shocks with the lift kit you got but shocks and rear sway bar would be close to the top of my list馃槑
The lift was on it when I bought it, so I have no idea what's on there. I can definitely use new shocks though. I'll probably go with Bilsteins 5100s on the rear for now as I had them on a trailblazer I built and I loved them. For the front I'll go with a complete coilover before changing the shocks in there. I did it for my trailblazer and the coil compressor broke on the 2nd one. I didn't get hurt but it scared me enough that I won't use one again haha. I hadn't thought about a sway bar. I do need a traction bar though as I get slight wheel hop even when I launch from 4wd.

Registered
welcome fellow booster!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts