F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the forum, but love the wealth of knowledge it provides. Just over a thousand miles on my girl and absolutely love it. Just switched from a 2011 Sierra 1500 and this is by far a better truck in every aspect. I added a Putco stainless steel grille insert (86182) and I would like anyone's input on airflow restriction to the IC's. Thanks in advance
. image.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the Boards!

Great choice to dump the Chevy and go with the EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Welcome to the Site! Sharp looking ride and it’s good to hear the trade up was worth it.
Most people have not had any issues with air flow to the IC with the grill insert. Some members have even installed sweet massive front bumpers that have smaller opening to allow air flow into the IC and haven't reported any issues. Actually during the colder months up here in Alaska (which no doubt you folks in MI feel too) had to put a cover over my grill and IC opening. I had no issues and even when pulling 10k in -65f weather (expect it was colder than the devils heart during the hitching up process, Bless America for the backup camera made short work of the moment).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and info. How do you add the info to the bottom of your post ie: year, model, accessories, etc.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It can be done by selectin gthe My profile icon in the upper right hand side of the screen. Within it you can edit your signature

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
At the top of the screen click on settings. On the left side of the screen click edit signature. Create what ever you want there.

SPPD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Lineman1995
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing