F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys .. i just picked up a new fx2 2013:D ..love it, im getting 19mpg at the moment drives good .. but i did have a couple questions .. so should i be scared of the ecoboost cause i see other ppl with problems and ect. would i be seeing a problem in the future or is there somthing i can start doing for me to prevent anything such as i been reading about the band-aid ford did to prevent some of the problems ..i just have no idea what i should be looking for or anything on recalls or etc ..

·
Registered
269 Posts
With your five year power train warranty, what's to worry about? When you read forums like this one, people tend to post about problems. "My truck is fine," is usually not the title of a thread. I have only 1,700 miles on mine but it's running great!

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is a small percenage with the problems, just like any vehicle manufactured.

I have no issues either, but if your Ecoboost has over 10k miles without any issues,
you can safely say you do not have a lemon

·
Registered
314 Posts
No matter what truck brand you drive go to any forum and you will find problems with all them! From what I read the motor is rock solid just sum people with water In the intercooler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome then , hopefully i dont have one thats a lemon :confused:... but i like the truck alot .. my first ford truck .:cool:..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No matter what truck brand you drive go to any forum and you will find problems with all them! From what I read the motor is rock solid just sum people with water In the intercooler.

noob question but is there a way to tell before water does get in the intercooler ?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The best you can to to try and prevent the issue (from my understanding) is to vary your throttle. No long runs at the same consistent speed.

I do live in AK, but have run through many rain storms (200+ miles of rain) and have been fine. Up to almost 14K trouble free miles. Exception is CEL due to extreme cold and intake temperatures.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Actually, I have my doubts about some of the people that have posted problems. Some I think are just trolls, faking a problem. They come ask a question about a weird problem that no one else has ever had, claiming their local dealership can't fix the problem, or they did something that is "not recommended or down right stupid" and now have a mechanical issue. The members will offer various suggestions on how to deal with the problem (some very good suggestions too), but we never hear from the person again. Including if they were ever able to get the problem fixed.

This a Vehicle Enthusists' Website dedicated to Ford F150 Ecoboosts and we are all trying to share info to better understand and know our trucks. On other similar websites (where I've been a member for other vehicles I've owned) - most "legitmate" members/owners who posted a problem would get back to you and either say "Probem fixed and this is what it turned out to be" .... or "they still have the problem, thanks for trying".

But those "suspect owners" only post only a couple times, usually only about their problem and we never hear from them again. No "Thank you", or "Thanks for trying". Those people I suspect are just trolls (or just plain bad manners if they were legitimate).

PS: The condensation problem seems to be earlier model Ecoboosts, not the 2013s. I've never had any such problem and where I live, we get quite extreme weather. It gets well over 100*F in the summer and well below 0*F in the winter. About the ONLY thing I've noticed is the occasional turbo lag when I boot it and the truck doesn't shift "low enough". And when I say "occasional" I mean very rarely. I find the overall truck's response great 99.9% of the time. Except for those rare times I just mentioned, I don't even notice it's a turbo vehicle. Ford did a great job with the F150 Ecoboost IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Agree with grim... I try to keep up with the trolls but they are persistent. Is this truck perfect with zero mechanical flaws? No. Do the vast majority of people not experience issues? Yes.

I have 35,700 miles on my truck. It's been tuned since 20k. I love the truck enough to where mine will roll over warranty without a single issue.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 EcoBoost Forum!

I have had a few issues none too serious. I have had an issue with the drivers door handle. I have had the low battery warning intermittently, and my screen for the radio/sync stopped working this morning. My truck is at 8800 miles and I have had it since March. I have had many issues with my previous vehicles so these non - mechanical issues don't bother me any. I would recommend this truck to all my friends without blinking an eye. I am still under warranty for quite some time and once my list gets long enough I will take the EcoBeast in and have them fixed.

I am glad you are here and enjoy your truck. Don't worry about what could happen and just drive. If it does have an issue get it fixed under warranty and keep enjoying your truck!

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, great reply... im happy that all are great comments on here .makes me feel safer on my truck ...

Actually, I have my doubts about some of the people that have posted problems. Some I think are just trolls, faking a problem. They come ask a question about a weird problem that no one else has ever had, claiming their local dealership can't fix the problem, or they did something that is "not recommended or down right stupid" and now have a mechanical issue. The members will offer various suggestions on how to deal with the problem (some very good suggestions too), but we never hear from the person again. Including if they were ever able to get the problem fixed.

This a Vehicle Enthusists' Website dedicated to Ford F150 Ecoboosts and we are all trying to share info to better understand and know our trucks. On other similar websites (where I've been a member for other vehicles I've owned) - most "legitmate" members/owners who posted a problem would get back to you and either say "Probem fixed and this is what it turned out to be" .... or "they still have the problem, thanks for trying".

But those "suspect owners" only post only a couple times, usually only about their problem and we never hear from them again. No "Thank you", or "Thanks for trying". Those people I suspect are just trolls (or just plain bad manners if they were legitimate).

PS: The condensation problem seems to be earlier model Ecoboosts, not the 2013s. I've never had any such problem and where I live, we get quite extreme weather. It gets well over 100*F in the summer and well below 0*F in the winter. About the ONLY thing I've noticed is the occasional turbo lag when I boot it and the truck doesn't shift "low enough". And when I say "occasional" I mean very rarely. I find the overall truck's response great 99.9% of the time. Except for those rare times I just mentioned, I don't even notice it's a turbo vehicle. Ford did a great job with the F150 Ecoboost IMO.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Smoke, I am an "Old Timer". I have owned many vehicles (FORDS) in my lifetime. This Ecco Boost (I call her my "Boostie") is the most quiet, smoothest running vehicle I have ever owned. 18,000 trouble free miles. Quite a few of those miles were when pulling my travel trailer or my boat. If I must complain about my "Boostie" it, would be the poor gas mileage when pulling my travel trailer. When ya make um work they llike to drink the gas.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site as well. Bought my FX2 back in February. I have 11,000 miles and a new front and rear bumper with in the first two months of purchasing it. Neither wreck was my fault; I guess they just didn't see the big Ruby Red truck. Any ways the truck is perfect especially the A/C seats for Houston's hot summers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kool, thanks .. so the tune on fords, how does it work . just the same as other . like gas helper , better hp , ect .. how has it affect ur truck

Agree with grim... I try to keep up with the trolls but they are persistent. Is this truck perfect with zero mechanical flaws? No. Do the vast majority of people not experience issues? Yes.

I have 35,700 miles on my truck. It's been tuned since 20k. I love the truck enough to where mine will roll over warranty without a single issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"hey thanks "old timer" lol i like to know that with ur experience i have bought a great truck

Smoke, I am an "Old Timer". I have owned many vehicles (FORDS) in my lifetime. This Ecco Boost (I call her my "Boostie") is the most quiet, smoothest running vehicle I have ever owned. 18,000 trouble free miles. Quite a few of those miles were when pulling my travel trailer or my boat. If I must complain about my "Boostie" it, would be the poor gas mileage when pulling my travel trailer. When ya make um work they llike to drink the gas.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ha ur right about houston summer .. congrats the ford ..

New to the site as well. Bought my FX2 back in February. I have 11,000 miles and a new front and rear bumper with in the first two months of purchasing it. Neither wreck was my fault; I guess they just didn't see the big Ruby Red truck. Any ways the truck is perfect especially the A/C seats for Houston's hot summers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts