F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just got my 2013 FX4 last week. it came with a 6" lift from the dealer. i have 500 miles on it so far. I already have my livewire SCT, but haven't installed it yet. im waiting for the intake and exhaust to get here. Do you guys think its too soon to install the tune??? when is a good mileage to begin with the mods??

thanks!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put mine on after 5,000 mile. But i put intake and exhaust on first. Also had to save up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pics are this forums best friend. A lot of guys mod out their trucks week 1. I typically wait until after the first oil change. Never heard what is best just think it more of a personal preference. Which exhaust did you go with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will post some pics later tonight. i went with the cheap MBRP cat back with rear tail pipes. i don't really need alot of power from this trucks, just a little more pep..im actually using this truck to tow my racecar to the track.

btw...my MPG sucks..only getting 12mpg city driving and i hardly ever get on it. maybe because of the big ass 35" tires???

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Looking foward to seeing pictures!

SPPD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
very nice love the rims!!!!! can never go wrong with chrome on black :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Since you guys like pics. Here is a pic if the car that its towing.

It's was an [email protected] streetcar. I just put a th400 and open exhaust in it..I don't like driving it to the track anymore. So I bought the F150 to tow it. I have never owned a truck before, but I'm loving it so far..so much that both of these haven't even been touch since I bought the truck. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think fuel economy is on his mind with a Ferrari in the garage ;-) Nice setup you got there.
LOL..i don't mind spending some money..but i hate being wasteful...my daily drivers have been a Honda element for the last couple of years and a Nissan 240 for 6 years before that..i got used to getting 20-22 MPG...

i thought the Ecoboost gets good with gas mileage..im getting 12mpg now

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine did as well after the 35s and lift according to the onboard comp. But once recalibrated got back to 14.5 for me. Not quite 20 but better than 12. Im with you tho expecting better out of the Ecoboost. Stock my best was 17mpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts