F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be here!

It took awhile to find what I was looking for but happy to have found this truck. Recently picked up this 2012 Fx4 with 112k on it. Daily driver half of the week, and plan to tow livestock trail with 1-2 cows couple times a year, and the occasional road trip with camper.

Now for a couple questions. Apologies if I should post these separately, I will!

the mechanic at the car lot told me he drilled the weep hole and changed plugs. Turns out the hole he drilled is 1/8”. Maybe a bit big? Now should I plug the whole and open up periodically, leave hole open, or drill a new smaller hole? ...or catch can? I’ve seen a lot of different approaches to the intercooler and remain uncertain.

2nd question may be related. Not sure.
On cold start, the engine stutters slightly from 10-30sec and then subsides. No timing chain rattle. Does not hesitate at all when accelerating. Is this a common issue and what direction should I look in?

thanks for your time everyone and man, am I thankful for forums. Looking forward to getting to know this truck better!

cheers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,700 Posts
Normal cold start. No need for a catch can. Hole is fine but you can plug it then unplug it and do wide open runs once weekly, especially during extra humid or wet weather. Catch can isn't needed. 3k oil changes with a Motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
143 Posts
Weird cold start I learned here is normal. It’s a stumbling drunk until the idle settles and the truck sobers up. It’s amusing now that I know everything is fine.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
1/8” is pretty big. You can use some JB weld and cover up the hole. Ideally 1/16” is what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts