F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost - Tuxedo/302A/Chrome/Off-Road/Max Tow/3.73
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2014 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L
Not my first Ford truck (had a '94 Ranger years ago), but definitely my first EB and full size pickup.
Been lurking the last few weeks - reading, learning, reading, getting ideas, reading...…..
Learned a ton - Think I'll like it here
Done some minor fix-its typical of those needed by preowned vehicles.....tires will more than likely be the next upgrade here in the near future (looking for something more aggressive than the Mich Defenders).
Plan on using this to retrieve a boat that's at a lake marina in another state that we just don't have time to visit like we used to. Figure if I bring the boat home, we'll actually get to use it.

F150 Driveway.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
633 Posts
Welcome Fellow Booster !
Take a look at the new Cooper AT3 4S or the AT3 XLT (y)

·
Registered
2014 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost - Tuxedo/302A/Chrome/Off-Road/Max Tow/3.73
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I’ve got an excuse to be going after new tires sooner rather than later.

Good morning to me........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Lol. You just LOOKING for an excuse?

If that tire is representative of the other 3, you definitely would be swapping early.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
JMike......photoshopped?-lol, thank goodness that's not sticking out the sidewall!>than you would have no choice but to change it (them out).
Screenshot_20200308-115022_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Modistrator
2,289 Posts
The wound in that tire is in the perfect place to have a repair be successful. Now if you’re just looking for a reason to buy new tires so be it. That said, unless I didn’t like these tires for whatever reason, I’d have it repaired. An umbrella patch will keep crud and moisture out of the belts and would likely let you run that tire for a normal life.

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
The wound in that tire is in the perfect place to have a repair be successful. Now if you’re just looking for a reason to buy new tires so be it. That said, unless I didn’t like these tires for whatever reason, I’d have it repaired. An umbrella patch will keep crud and moisture out of the belts and would likely let you run that tire for a normal life.
True, but!

It takes forever to wear those specific tires out. They are notorious for long wear.

He'll have to wait forever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Closer inspection shows the damaged tire to be a newer Defender LTX SL 116......the other 3 are E 123/120.

Looks like the dealer made a swap with a lesser tire.

I missed that.

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It’s a great group of guys and gals here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those tires are the best tire you can get on the market, why would you not want them lol
Oh....I was ready to just swing down to the tire shop and get a repair until I saw that this tire didn't match the others.
So now I buy 1 new E tire ~300$.....or find a reasonable set of 4 with a more aggressive tread ~800$-1000$.
Decisions. Decisions.

·
Registered
633 Posts
... and wallyworld only charges $5.

·
Super Modistrator
2,289 Posts
I had no idea they were that cheap. I had a tire repaired a couple of years ago on my Edge. It cost me $20 as I remember and if I hadn’t been there I think the guy would have messed up the paint in the barrel of the wheel. I’m a hard customer to work for, I simply expect things to be at least as good as they were when I brought them in. I don’t feel like that’s asking too much.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had no idea they were that cheap. I had a tire repaired a couple of years ago on my Edge. It cost me $20 as I remember and if I hadn’t been there I think the guy would have messed up the paint in the barrel of the wheel. I’m a hard customer to work for, I simply expect things to be at least as good as they were when I brought them in. I don’t feel like that’s asking too much.
As it should be.
Yes, they plugged and booted one for me when a drywall screwe went thru one of my p rated Coopers right before the chinese wuhan virus came to play.
Took the tire off the wheel, plugged the hole, booted the inside on top the plug. $5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts