F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, new to the site and new to Ecoboosts. Name is Derrick, but friends call me D-rock. I"m from NC and just bought my truck about a week and a half ago. It's a 2013 4x4 screw 145"wb xlt w/ chrome package, electronic locking diff, offroad package, 3.55's and a few other options. I absolutely love the truck.

I'm a tech at a small shop and work on just about everything that comes through the door from diesel pick ups to hondas. A few weeks ago i serviced and balanced/rotated the tires on a 2012 xlt 4x4 ecoboost and could not believe the power. I have had 2 7.3 PSD's in the past(F250 and F350 DRW) and actually sold my F350 for my ecoboost(I also sold my Cardinal 5th wheel camper and traded it for a lighter travel trailer). I still own my 2001 F150 Lariat 4x4 supercab 5.4L, which doesn't hold a candle to the new truck but it's my "beat around" truck that i don't have to worry as much about scratching in the woods, etc.

I still cannot believe the power that my truck has and also how well it tows my camper. The camper weighs 5,9XX lbs dry, probably 7,000 loaded and the truck pulls it effortlessly.

Anyways, just giving you guys a little background about myself and how i came about getting an Ecoboost. Here's a couple pics of the truck and one of it hooked to my new TT. Since these pics i've added Ford's telescoping tow mirrors to help me see around the camper.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Sweet Truck and Sweet Trailer.

SPPD

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Nice combo! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our trucks are twins except mine is a year older!

Reactions: DRock

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Nice set up you have there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the club!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts