F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jason, I was wondering about Headlights I see there's so many to choose from and I have no idea where to start. I was looking at new power strokes and love the way they have the white outlines around the lights driving, and I like that some of the cars have the orange turn signals built in. My limited F-150 already has the HIDs and was wondering what the best / cheapest easiest way to upgrade would be. Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Hey Jason, I was wondering about Headlights I see there's so many to choose from and I have no idea where to start. I was looking at new power strokes and love the way they have the white outlines around the lights driving, and I like that some of the cars have the orange turn signals built in. My limited F-150 already has the HIDs and was wondering what the best / cheapest easiest way to upgrade would be. Thanks in advance
For the trucks already equipped with HIDs, there's really not a "cheap" way to upgrade. At least not if you want a really different look. Even the Diode C-Clamp Kit involves a pretty intensive install, though it is the least expensive way to get that "wrapped" LED look if you do all the work yourself.

The only other options specific to the 2013-2014 HID-equipped trucks that aren't too big of a wallet hit are the Spyder C-Bar Headlights for HID trucks (in either chrome or black) or Recon's headlights for HID trucks, (black with single turn signal, chrome with single turn signal, black with LED grid turn signal, chrome with LED grid turn signal). Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the way the Spyder's look (and there have been a few fitment/wiring issues with them in the past), but that's just my opinion. I haven't heard much about the Recons. Not many guys tend to fully swap out the factory HIDs.

Other than all that, your only other option would be to have a build done at Raptor Retrofit or another reputable headlight customizer, though that route is pricey.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well dang, thanks for the reply Jason. Didnt think they would be that much since I already had HIDs...looks like instead maybe I will save a week or 2 and order light up badges from yall instead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts