F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Just recently got my F150 EB super crew 4x4!!!! Ive been loving it so far, but ive got a question. The only way i can get my iphone to play music through bluetooth is to use a voice command. This is annoying especially when you have other people in the truck and you have to interrupt the conversation with a voice command. I was wondering how else I can get it to play

Thanks!!

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
use the iPhone charge cord to the USB port on the truck? That's how I use it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I would prefer to use the bluetooth and was wondering if there is a button i can press to get it going. what do you press to start up the music when it is plugged into USB?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
There should be an button on your radio (not sure which one you have?) that should allow you to select "Bluetooth Audio" without needing to tell it through Sync.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it has the NAV package go to the entertainment screen then, on the left side of the screen, scroll to the second page where you wil see BT audio.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I don't know if the problem is my phone or the truck, but when I listen to music through the Bluetooth, it will randomly skip to the next song. It used to not do that. But I always forget because I usually use it through the USB cable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you connect the USB on the basic sync radio does it recognize it automatically or so you have to use a voice command? Mine doesn't and its annoying to have to use a voice command because it always defaults to line in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got the 2013, non navigation radio. There is an aux button, but that doesnt work for the usb cord... I have to use a voice command for that too. There was one time using the menu button, the selecting audio settings that i was able to chose bluetooth audio. But usually that option isnt available.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
I hear ya. Ya even with the cord I press"menu" select source "USB" then it plays.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do it through the media menu. You are able to cycle through the input options that way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is just third hand, but I've heard quite a few stories from friends being frustrated with Ford and iPhone. Dunno if it's because the Ford system is designed by Microsoft, but things like dropped calls, non useful music playing, and general havoc seem to be a recurring theme.

I've got zero issues with my Galaxy S3 and Garmin Zumo 660. They both talk to the Sync, and I can even skip songs via steering wheel controls on the GPS.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Howdy folks,

Just recently got my F150 EB super crew 4x4!!!! Ive been loving it so far, but ive got a question. The only way i can get my iphone to play music through bluetooth is to use a voice command. This is annoying especially when you have other people in the truck and you have to interrupt the conversation with a voice command. I was wondering how else I can get it to play

Thanks!!
Menu button unless you have fancy nav. I have XLT. Then media options. Then select source. Scroll to Bluetooth. & I'm assuming you have your phone already programmed in? I've been rocking the Bluetooth as of late. I hope it works out for ya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts