F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, as the title suggests I am new to the forum and to Ford's. Growing up my dad had a few 7.3 diesels both F-350 duallies and F-250's but other than that I am new to the Ford world. I just bought a 2013 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost, with 86,500 on it and I hope to keep it for as long as I can. The truck it's replacing is a 2001 Silverado with the original LM7 with 278,000 miles(still runs like a top), but now has a 4l65 in place of the original 4l60 which was rebuilt at 180,000 then replaced at 265,000. I am actually keeping the truck just going to be keeping it either for my sister to use at her horse barn or to drive on the beach in the Outer Banks of NC. I wouldn't consider myself a mechanic though I tackle a lot of stuff on my own, I have done a complete frame off restoration of a 1982 Jeep CJ-7 which also received an LM7 and 4l60e drivetrain out of a wrecked 02 Silverado, and am currently building a 34' CC fishing boat out of an old racing hull me and my Dad found for dirt cheap. When it comes to Outboards I'm a Suzuki guy, but dont mind Honda or Yamaha as long as it's not the 350 v8 lol. If you guys have any advice for things I should do to my truck to increase longevity please feel free to drop suggestions on the thread I have started, I have also read through the sticky regarding the Gen 1 trucks there's some good advice there. Anyway nice to be here and hope to share and receive as much as I can up here!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Welcome fellow booster!!!! I suggest start researching the basic info threads as all situations, parts and things to do to the your year eco have been covered multiple times....

It is a unspoken rule, you must post pictures of your Beast!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This was after she returned from the body shop, I failed to mention I’m cheap and don’t buy things in operable condition. It was sandwhiched between two cars and considered totaled, after a little frame bending and searching for parts in junk yards she’s good as new. Now playing the waiting game for copart to obtain the previous title so it can be transferred to me (sometimes takes a while).

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
View attachment 165840
This was after she returned from the body shop, I failed to mention I’m cheap and don’t buy things in operable condition. It was sandwhiched between two cars and considered totaled, after a little frame bending and searching for parts in junk yards she’s good as new. Now playing the waiting game for copart to obtain the previous title so it can be transferred to me (sometimes takes a while).
Oh I love that story!
It changes the whole value equation of ownership and enjoyment when this opportunity affords itself.

I've had a few vehicles over the years that I acquired in similar fashion. I don't care about "resale" value when everything else is in my favor.

Nice looking truck to boot!

The pic below is 30 seconds ago. The Mazdarati was "totalled". It's been perfect and I've had a ball in it countless times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I love that story!
It changes the whole value equation of ownership and enjoyment when this opportunity affords itself.

I've had a few vehicles over the years that I acquired in similar fashion. I don't care about "resale" value when everything else is in my favor.

Nice looking truck to boot!

The pic below is 30 seconds ago. The Mazdarati was "totalled". It's been perfect and I've had a ball in it countless times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
“mazdarati” you wouldn’t happen to be a roadkill fan? Love that show

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford F150 3.5 King Ranch
78 Posts
Hey Guys, as the title suggests I am new to the forum and to Ford's. Growing up my dad had a few 7.3 diesels both F-350 duallies and F-250's but other than that I am new to the Ford world. I just bought a 2013 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost, with 86,500 on it and I hope to keep it for as long as I can.
Welcome aboard! Snails pace...sounds good in these trying times, just slow down a bit. Wait, isn't NC where Andy Griffith was from? Or was that SC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure where he was born, he had a house which he died in, on the north side of the outer banks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts