F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I've been stalking the forums for a while now and found that this is the home for me. I purchased my 2013 Platinum Eco with every option in April, 2013 with 3 miles on it. I have a love affair with this truck and my wife is jealous! HA! I had a 1999 4Runner Highlander edition before this that I modded the heck out of. I was debating getting a car, but then I slapped myself and knew that I am not a car person. This truck feels like a rocket ship compared to the 4Runner.

I have recently installed the Rancho Quicklift on the front and I am not that happy with the ride compared to stock. It has great dampening power, but unloads way to harshly over RR tracks, speed bumps, potholes. I am now 1/2" high in the front and just ordered Traxxx part#105016 to give me the 1/2" rake I desire. I got it on Amazon for $88 shipped 2 day and will be installing it this weekend.

I considered myself tech savvy until I started using this forum. I need to research the best way to share my FLickr photos. I told myself I wouldn't go mod crazy like my Runner, but it is an addiction and wrenching on the weekends is my release from my desk job during the week. I plan to contribute so please fire away if anyone has any questions about my baby and I will do my best to be prompt.

Do any of you use the paid version of Tapatalk for Android? I would like to be able to post/reply to threads and get notifications via an app rather than a web page.

Thanks for all the great information so far! Hopefully my signature appears below.

Have a great day all!

13591855875_7153dfa929_z.jpg Full size side view.jpg

testing my picture options...

-Mike M.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Welcome and you got a sexy truck! I have only done cosmetic mods so far due to money, but I can already tell that when you start working performance on these trucks, there is no end. Good luck with the love affair with your truck/wife.

As for the app, the only reason I have the TapaTalk app is that it was free a few months ago...I would just buck up and pay the $2.00 or whatever it is. it will help save your phone battery and your data(if you don't have unlimited)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Nice truck. I dunno about Android, but there are still two versions of Tapatalk avaiable for iPhone. One is free. It works fine, and you can upload pics from your photo albums on your phone or cloud. I would think the same would apply to Android.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Nice truck. I dunno about Android, but there are still two versions of Tapatalk avaiable for iPhone. One is free. It works fine, and you can upload pics from your photo albums on your phone or cloud. I would think the same would apply to Android.
I wasn't sure if it was still free on iOS or not...I was pretty sure it was just like a month long 'free' giveaway for the app but I guess I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and you got a sexy truck! I have only done cosmetic mods so far due to money, but I can already tell that when you start working performance on these trucks, there is no end. Good luck with the love affair with your truck/wife.

As for the app, the only reason I have the TapaTalk app is that it was free a few months ago...I would just buck up and pay the $2.00 or whatever it is. it will help save your phone battery and your data(if you don't have unlimited)
Thanks milesej05!!! I went back and forth between an FX4 and the platinum and just got a better deal on this one. Good point on the performance mods. I read the threads on tuning and I have to force myself to close them before I get a wild hair and order a tuner. This is my daily driver so I need to maximize my fuel mileage. Excellent tip on the data usage. I just switched from Sprint to Verizon and have to watch it now.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you VolForLife! I'll just buy the paid version (Tapatalk Pro) and check it out. I'm cheap, but not that cheap! LOL!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, I was always trying to make our Eco look like your truck.
Hey Bill! Thanks man! I ran across this guy on the web a couple weeks ago and have been drooling ever since. He's in Canada. TRU3.jpg Photo by dubsesd_lucca | Photobucket
I'd like to know what brand of tail lights he has... Your Raptor ANZOs would probably do the trick. Saving up for new tires next and I cannot decide on type. Looking at 275/65/20 Duratracs I'd get 35 or larger if I had a different DD...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Where you from in St. Louis? Wife and I are from south county...

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Yes, born and raised near Forest Park in the High Pointe neighborhood and I live I Maryland Heights. I take it you live elsewhere these days? I have gone to the member map but it only let's me search by username. I wish it had thumb tacks for every user on one map... Maybe I am missing something.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice! Yes, born and raised near Forest Park in the High Pointe neighborhood and I live I Maryland Heights. I take it you live elsewhere these days? I have gone to the member map but it only let's me search by username. I wish it had thumb tacks for every user on one map... Maybe I am missing something.

That user map never works for me. I am stationed in Tennessee, but lived in Affton and then down the road a bit at Butler Hill Rd and I-55

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That user map never works for me. I am stationed in Tennessee, but lived in Affton and then down the road a bit at Butler Hill Rd and I-55
Nice! So if I am ever in the Clarksville area, I'll give you a heads up and you do the same. Wife and I are talking about taking a road trip to FL to see family.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very well! Let's go Birds and Blues

·
Registered
221 Posts
Agree with all but the stupid ram's head. LA can have their stupid losing football team back, I want our Cardinals back from Arizona. Worst decision ever...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome another St. Louis guy here. I have a 2012 Eco and came out of a roush f-150. Feels the same to me. Any one ever need any thing we are a ford dealer just pm me for info

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gotta take the bad with the good.

Thanks! I am looking for a new dealer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any time bud. We are a laid back dealer who is more concerned with customer satisfaction then numbers. Fell free to contact me any time.

Gotta take the bad with the good. Thanks! I am looking for a new dealer! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Any time bud. We are a laid back dealer who is more concerned with customer satisfaction then numbers. Fell free to contact me any time.
I also am looking for a new dealer, could you PM me your business name please sir? thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts