F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, wanted to say hi. Just installed an Air Lift Compressor and Firestone bags on my 13 FX4 eco screw. Haven't towed with it yet with the bags installed, installed the gauge in a Rousch pod in the vent. Tying into the fuse panel was a chore, trying to find a fuse that didn't stay hot when the ignition was off definitely tested my patience. Long story short, don't use the ignition fuse (28), use the moonroof and accesory fuse (37). Will post pics if anyone wants to see them.
Cheers!

Sounds awesome and welcome! I've been wanting to add airbags for a while now so that I can add a leveling kit and still have it sit level while towing... but I'm always off shore and haven't got around to it yet... I might have to take a drive down the canyon though (from Heber) and see how you set that up!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Sounds awesome and welcome! I've been wanting to add airbags for a while now so that I can add a leveling kit and still have it sit level while towing... but I'm always off shore and haven't got around to it yet... I might have to take a drive down the canyon though (from Heber) and see how you set that up!
PM me if your around and want to come check it out. I'm installing my leveling kit this weekend, been waiting to put it on (I've had it for 8 months) until I had airbags for the same reason. Didn't want it to sag when loaded up.

Welcome man! Not sure why so many people use Firestone bags w/ Air Lift control systems instead of just using Air Lift bags too....but either way, nice install! I'm using Air Lift Wireless One, and just tapped into the trailer hitch power lead. Only thing inside the cab is a wireless remote.

Nice! How loud is the compressor under the hood?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Air lift compressor, was because I wanted the gauge setup. I thought it would be the cleanest looking install with the Roush pod. Firestone bags had the highest ratings. I wish I would have noticed air lifts bags that have a bump stop built into the bag so you can run them with no air. You have to keep 5 lbs in the firestones, which is no big deal...

Vehicle Bumper Rear-view mirror Car Auto part
The Air Lift Ultimate bags can be run flat if you have a puncture or just can't get air for some reason...but they do recommend 5psi otherwise.

The Wireless One kit has a 5psi minimum default.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.