F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a new member.
Driving a 2013 ecoboost FX4. Just came off warranty and starting to do some tweaking. Went with and Afe cold air intake, Air raid throttle body spacer, SCT X4 tuner, and flo-pro twister 4" cat back exhaust. Also just installed a JLT oil catch can which in my environment is not nearly enough capactiy, but there is enough discusison on that.

Just upgraded my tired from the stock pirelli on 20s to a much more aggressive looking Haida HD878 on 20" rim with a -12 offset. Just need some muds flaps with more coverage now lol. They look pretty mean. Wondering if anyone has experience with this brand of tires and what I can expect? Not finding much on the web.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Never heard of those tires. Let us know your impressions with them and how they wear.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
welcome fellow booster, 3rd rate tire

·
Moderstrator
4,068 Posts
I’m probably not brave enough to gamble on an unknown like these. That said, a few years ago I would have said the same thing about Hankook’s product and now in my mind they’re just another middle of the road tire. There are a lot of places for experimentation when it comes to playing with vehicles, tires and brakes aren’t where I’d gamble. You’ll need to let us know how these ride and how they perform.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,522 Posts
Ditto on the Hankooks.

I was like "What?" when I picked out my brand new 16 Crew Sport 2.7

Almost every Ford I've bought came with Michelins.

But 2 years and 30,000 miles into them, I told my nephew when I handed the keys to him that he still has lots of life in them tires and that I wouldn't razz him if he replaced them some day with another set.

Also, I shipped those 22" Limited rims I bought from another inmate here to Tifosi to prep them for when I brought the truck in to get the suspension build done. When I arrived I was a little surprised to see big sticky street Hankooks mounted on them. I gotta admit they hook up fantastic. That's nearly 6000lbs of fire breathing truck riding on top. Truck just goes where you point it and can STOP with urgency.

So I'll not be such a brand name snob on tires any more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how it looks. After a few days driving I realized I needed more coverage and upgraded my flaps which give a bit of a different look. The tires are a bit loud as expected, but I find once going 70-80 km/h it doesn't really get any louder with highway speed. Took the truck out to the farm today and on gravel and wet grass they sure are night and day compared to the stock Pirelli's that came with. So far I am happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.