F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the Forum...picking up my 13 FX4 in a few weeks. It has every available option you can get on the truck. I also own a 12 BOSS 302 so this truck will be used to tow the car and trailer. Sticker on the truck was about $52 before taxes and I got it for $42 before taxes. It was built for another customer and they backed out on the deal so they saved me $10k :) I just couldn't turn it down. Looking forward to picking the truck up and driving from Idaho to Tennessee pulling a trailer. I will do the first oil change at about 500 miles before I do any towing. Should I also have the transmission/diff fluid changed after the first 500 before I tow. I race the BOSS and I change the oil on that thing every 12 hours of track duty...oil doesn't go more than 1500 miles usually before a change. 8000 miles on the car and I have done the tranny fluid change 3x, diff 3x and engine oil 5x. I'm anal if you can' tell. Glad to find this forum and look forward to learning from all the other members.

Link to the window sticker listing all the options:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1ET3DFB94219

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Ford says no towing for 1k. For a race car your oil change regimen sounds reasonable, however for your EcoBeast you are committing overkill. Even changing the oil every 3k is overkill in these motors, but Iit's your truck so do as you like.
Congratulations on the new EcoBeast, you will surely love it!

SPPD

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome and the boss' are nice! You'll have a very good looking combo between the truck and car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Another quick question...I don't think my truck has the max tow package. I does say tow package on my window sticker, trailer brake, and sway controller. I don't take delivery of the truck for about two more weeks but what is the max I can tow with this thing? You can look at the link I added in the first post to see the window sticker of the truck. One last question...does the 36 gallon tank come with a certain package? I see my truck has the 36 gallon tank.

Edit to the post: Just pulled this off of the info for the truck

TRAILER TOW PACKAGE: Class IV Trailer Hitch
Receiver, 7-Pin Wiring
Harness, Upgraded Radiator, Auxiliary
Transmission Oil Cooler &
SelectShift (@)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
36 gallon tank is the standard on the 2013s. The smaller 26 gallon is an option.

SPPD

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
MaxTow would have been somewhere in that list. Guessing that since you have the upgraded radiator and other parts, you probably have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing